Chapala.com Webboard

horse riding for experienced riders....

rosfreed

We were experienced when  we were younger.  And not so scared of hitting the ground.

we just want a decent place with healthy and not crazy horses, and where we can bring our own saddles as long as they fit, like English or Western, not Mexican

We are in Joco but don't mind driving for a decent ride.

Thanks  email rosfreed @ yahoo . com

They rent horses to ride in Ajijic.  Going east Turn right at Salvadors restaurant and go down Revolucion until you get to a divided street with the middle having the horses in it.  At the end of revolucion turn left and the horses should be there a little ways past the turn.

1 hour ago, rosfreed said:

We were experienced when  we were younger.  And not so scared of hitting the ground.

we just want a decent place with healthy and not crazy horses, and where we can bring our own saddles as long as they fit, like English or Western, not Mexican

We are in Joco but don't mind driving for a decent ride.

Thanks  email rosfreed @ yahoo . com

This is right down your alley!  Celina Reynolds originally from New Mexico has a working cattle ranch on the way to Manzamitla on the south side of the lake.  She has a number of horses of different temperaments that she rents out for excursions or gives lessons with.  I can't wait to get back to Joco to check her place out!  Here is her website.

http://www.saudicaves.com/mx/taos/index.html

6 hours ago, wcnurse said:

Also recommend Stephanie Decker's ranch.  I will pm you about my experiences with renting horses locally.

Sent you an email.  Thank you!

On December 3, 2016 at 5:15 PM, GeckoGretchen said:

I second Pedro Malo's suggestion.  

Hacienda de Taos is off the beaten path and an experience that will stay with you forever... beautiful horses, beautiful people to care for you.

On December 6, 2016 at 8:10 AM, tomgates said:

A nice couple have a ranch about 6 miles up the road to Mazamitla. They even have overnight accommodations. Phone 331-270-4447

Sent you both pm's

Archived