Chapala.com Webboard

Why did Ajijic become so pupular?

Crazydog

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, not closed, just less likely to see action than starting a more recent thread. WELCOME, and feel free to ask questions.

To answer your question: assuming you already know what a fraccionamiento is... Riberas started out as a community within the confines of Chapala, but eventually "failed" a few years back when Chapala took it over. I was here at the time, and I can tell you it was a cash-grab on the part of the Chapala municipal government. There was money in the bank, the water pumps were being repaired, potholes being fixed, street lamps added... more importantly, property and water taxes were being collected with much more success, something that was relatively sparse in Riberas before.

Just now, ComputerGuy said:

No, not closed, just less likely to see action than starting a more recent thread. WELCOME, and feel free to ask questions.

To answer your question: assuming you already know what a fraccionamiento is... Riberas started out as a community within the confines of Chapala, but eventually "failed" a few years back when Chapala took it over. I was here at the time, and I can tell you it was a cash-grab on the part of the Chapala municipal government. There was money in the bank, the water pumps were being repaired, potholes being fixed, street lamps added... more importantly, property and water taxes werebeing collected with much more success, something that was relatively sparse in Riberas before.

Thanks, that was very helpful...

Archived