Chapala.com Webboard

Jimmy D's

heidinrick

Heidi and I had breakfast there today and it was deja vu all over again! I had the skillet and Heidi had her usual (not so adventurous) Bacon and Eggs. Both were excellent. James mentioned that they have added Eggs Benerick which, as many remember, was traditional Eggs Benedict but instead of being served on an English Muffins, it's served on a bed of hash browns. Next trip! These guys are doing it right. Please, let's just talk about the food!

2 hours ago, heidinrick said:

Heidi and I had breakfast there today and it was deja vu all over again! I had the skillet and Heidi had her usual (not so adventurous) Bacon and Eggs. Both were excellent. James mentioned that they have added Eggs Benerick which, as many remember, was traditional Eggs Benedict but instead of being served on an English Muffins, it's served on a bed of hash browns. Next trip! These guys are doing it right. Please, let's just talk about the food!

Aren't you the folks who mentored them into the problem "other" than the food?  Now the patrons are supposed to comment as though the situation doesn't exist? The new people could change their policy to align with the Mexican laws and then......there would be no problem with just talking about the food.

21 minutes ago, gringal said:

Aren't you the folks who mentored them into the problem "other" than the food?  Now the patrons are supposed to comment as though the situation doesn't exist? The new people could change their policy to align with the Mexican laws and then......there would be no problem with just talking about the food.

It's very easy to fix....don't go there! I'm sure that will break their hearts. We did not "mentor" them into anything other than food. The dog and smoking thing has been beaten to death. Get over it!

Rick, glad you and Heidi enjoyed your breakfasts.

Gringal, it really is unfair to repeatedly comment on restaurants where you have never gone. Since you will never go there, leave the commenting to actual customers who can review whatever aspects they wish. Besides, you have repeatedly made your point. Give it a rest. 

1 hour ago, Xena said:

Rick, glad you and Heidi enjoyed your breakfasts.

Gringal, it really is unfair to repeatedly comment on restaurants where you have never gone. Since you will never go there, leave the commenting to actual customers who can review whatever aspects they wish. Besides, you have repeatedly made your point. Give it a rest. 

Do we have a new moderator?

40 minutes ago, gringal said:

Please leave it alone. Let's comment on the food and service. Negative comments like you always make are what caused the moderator to shut down the previous thread about this great restaurant. The restaurant business is hard enough witjout people like you that never go and yet beat the place to death.

32 minutes ago, heidinrick said:

Please leave it alone. Let's comment on the food and service. Negative comments like you always make are what caused the moderator to shut down the previous thread about this great restaurant. The restaurant business is hard enough witjout people like you that never go and yet beat the place to death.

Another new moderator, I see. 

One question, and one only:  why does this new restaurant NEED to permit smoking?  or dogs?  Can't they be successful on their food alone?  That should be the goal for any restaurant.  I like the sign in front of Chillin's new place "Mexican law.  No smoking.  No dogs".  They seems to be doing just fine.

I case you haven't noticed:  I have offered reviews of most of the restaurants in town.  They are nearly always positive and meant to encourage people to try them.  I like to see good places succeed.  Yes, It's a tough business. 

2 hours ago, gringal said:

Moderator:

Please shut down this thread. I posted about an exceptional breakfast that my wife and I had this morning and, as usual, gringagal has to continue to beat a dead horse. We lost City Sandwiches today due to lack of support and with her continual beating of the dog and smoking thing there are many people who won't even give Jimmy D's a chance. It's a great place deserving our support.

Rick 

I will shut it down but Rick perhaps you should counsel them to follow the law or just exercise common sense.  Maybe you remember what happened to Tom's and I believe at least one other place that didn't understand that smoking in particular is the kiss of death for a restaurant these days?

If the confined layout of the property results in smoke being trapped inside, it is a very poor idea to allow smoking even "outside."  There's outside and then there's outside and a lot of properties here are so closed in that all of it should be considered inside even though a part may not have a roof over it.

There are over 130 restaurants along the lake, it is a dog eat dog business, no pun intended.

Starting off with two strikes against you is suicidal in this town.  Sorry to see an otherwise promising startup do this to themselves particularly when they have "friends" here who should be advising them better.  

Let's hope someone comes to their senses here.  We all like to see good places succeed.

Closed.

Archived