Chapala.com Webboard

Bank of America mobile banking?? deposits

solajijic

I have had nothing but trouble with this and it did work one time in August.  I really need it to work every  month.  If you successfully use this via your mobile phone I would like to meet you and talk to you and try to make a deposit to my account.  If successful I have a new Iphone to replicate how you installed the ap so I can do this every month. 

I am concerned that since this checkis mailed to us and contains the Ajijic address on the front with the word Mexico on it that it is being rejected by the scanners or whatever that reads the checks.  That is the only thing left to be an explanation.  Surprisingly the customer service and even the technical desk at BOA cannot tell me if that is a possible reason.  They said to just try it with a AP that is known to work. 

Any and all suggestions are welcome because we do have to resolve this US check deposit issue.

Have you tried to deposit it via your computer, by scanning the check, following the directions on your bank‘s site?  It may be a question of legibility, and you can select various levels of clarity on the scanner image.

FWIW, 

We lived full-time in Ajijic 2008-2012; when we got checks we wanted to deposit, we simply mailed them (via LCS since we were members) to our local US BOA branch with a deposit slip and a short note asking them to make the deposit.  Never an issue or question about it.  

Realize this is very low tech, but it worked for us.  

I have Bank of America and use my iPad with the B of A app. You HAVE to have a VPN (to hide your Mexico IP address) to make deposits. I have no problem making deposits via their app after I turn on the VPN in settings. I think Computors Guy could help you if you don't know how. I use Strong VPN which I pay for, but there are free ones you can download.

I have found that most US banks block even downloading their app to a Mexican IP address and even if you do it when in the US, you can't use it when down here.  I use SaferVPN for this purpose and several other odd websites that block us in Mexico out like my insurance carrier for my Part B Medicare carrier and the patient portal for my physician in Phoenix.  The only thing I've found that it won't work for is US Netflix content as they have some way of knowing you're using the VPN and tell you to stop it.  I originally paid for this service when I was doing genealogy research on my family in Norway and believe it or not, they restricted access to the archives to Norwegian IP addresses only...my Norwegian cousin told me about SaferVPN.

Well thanks, but it still won't work.  New Iphone, installed HideYour ### as the first thing, installed BoA mobile ap, did everything and it still says "cannot process at this time".

We did this mobile deposit successfully once before and I pulled that check out, it has only a name on it.  The monthly check we will be needing to do this with has our Ajijic street address on it.  It comes thru the regular mail system and there isn't anyway to change that.  WE can only guess now that it is the full MExican address on the front that shows thru the glasine window.  At this point we are just going to deposit them here and send a letter with a copy of the check off to BoA and ask them why we can't do it and why we should have to jump thru hoops to do it and is there any way to make an exception. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks for your help.

3 hours ago, solajijic said:

Well thanks, but it still won't work.  New Iphone, installed HideYour ### as the first thing, installed BoA mobile ap, did everything and it still says "cannot process at this time".

We did this mobile deposit successfully once before and I pulled that check out, it has only a name on it.  The monthly check we will be needing to do this with has our Ajijic street address on it.  It comes thru the regular mail system and there isn't anyway to change that.  WE can only guess now that it is the full MExican address on the front that shows thru the glasine window.  At this point we are just going to deposit them here and send a letter with a copy of the check off to BoA and ask them why we can't do it and why we should have to jump thru hoops to do it and is there any way to make an exception. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks for your help.

I appears that the Mexican address is a problem to BofA for sure.  Have you considered sharing a local mailbox with someone to have a Laredo address?  I understand that if you wouldn't use it for anything else, then the cost might be excessive just to deposit one check in a timely fashion.  I occasionally import prescriptions, often buy paper collectibles from eBay, and receive a few magazines through my Laredo address.  When I started getting checks from Medicare and my supplement directly (for providers who don't accept direct assignment,) I found this box and the VPN protected app very handy as I could deposit my checks, pay the bills with a credit card and the money was already in my checking account.

I understand that process and have had a Laredo address for almost 12 years.  Unfortunately with some changes to a pension plan healthcare coverage the lifetime Medical Mutual will not cover us in Mexico unless the pension check is sent via regular mail to the street address in Mexico.  All of a sudden Laredo isn't good enough. So we had to stop the autodeposit on this pension and rearrange a bunch of things and I am simply looking for the easiest way via mobile.  Since it was successful for us once and we know others who do it regularly it must be the Mexico address being read via the scan of the photo.  This is a real bummer.  These checks leave the US the first of each month, are taking anywhere between 30 and 45 days to arrive here via snail mail thru Mexico while being an obvious check and it is only negotiable for 60 days.  Urghhh it's messing with my peace of mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a tablet expressly for the purpose of making check deposits to BofA with the mobile app.  When I repeatedly couldn't make the deposit, I called BofA and was finally told by the second representative that deposits could not be made with the mobile app from Mexico.  Period.  So a friend brought me over the counter deposit slips and I called BofA for the address where I should send it to.  That works well and the deposits are made in a timely manner.  I have learned to like and appreciate the tablet now when I travel.

Archived