Chapala.com Webboard

We just received an email from our office advising that a resident has found some poison dog food set out on the road in front of his home.  I have no furher details at this time but wanted to get this post out so those in Chapala Haciendas can be on guard with their dogs - both in and out of yards.

This has got to stop, but how?

As I write this, there is a meeting at LCS to strategize. Me, I am thinking that transport is an interesting clue, altho it certainly does not lead directly to identifying anyone. But note that Chapala Haciendas implies having a car or truck or motorcycle. And La Canacinta along the carretera, and Villa Nova along the carretera, also imply someone with wheels. Unlikely for someone to be using a bus, particularly for Chapala Haciendas. Altho, the poisoner also attacked in the vicinity of the Ajijic malecon--but hey, that is car-accessible also--and easy parking. So, we have a creepy perp who has a car, IMO. And is frustrated and unhappy. and, sorry ladies, is probably a guy (that's just MHO).

A gardener working across the street from where the pitbull was poisoned on Codorniz in Chapala Haciendas, saw a man leave kibble on the street and call several dogs nearby over to eat.  The other dogs didn´t come, but the pitbull did and ate all the food. He then went into convulsions and a good Samaritan took him to the vet, Delfino Aguilar, who was unable to save him.  He believes that the poison used was 1080 poison, also known as campera.

I called the gardener and got this description:

Foreigner, tall, dark hair, around 55 years old and dressed in shorts and a sweatshirt.

This is the first description that we have of this person who has been poisoning over 30 dogs in our community.  All the dogs have been in Ajijic up until now.

Again, if you have a dog poisoned or see suspicious food on the street, please call me 331-350-4122 so that I can call the proper authorities, who will follow the protocol needed to prosecute this person once he is arrested. We have given copies of the protocol for vets to follow if they have a poisoned animal so as to have evidence (the body of the dog). 

Thank you,

I hope the office out in Chapala Haciendas is letting their residents know about this.  We were out there this Tuesday and there were 5 dogs running loose and going in and out of one the the yards on lower Cordornices.  They were all cute dogs and looked very much like well cared for pets.

We live in CH and after receiving the email from the office I emailed a copy of the protocol posted on this board and asked him to please send to all residents. That was yesterday, so far I have not seen any email. It might help if other CH residents that read this board ask the same of David in the office, maybe he will do it. We have pets and do not walk them anymore.  

I am a Ch resident, and the person who rushed the dog to the vet. The dog died on the vet`s table.

Yesterday I took four dogs from Codornices to The Ranch so they are safe, The dogs were well taken care of here, but there was no openings for a safe haven until Thursday. The dogs came from a ranch close to CH and abandoned.

The CH cameras are non operational, but will be put on a TO DO LIST with the election of a new board December 3.

A big thanks to Taaffee for taking the lead to find the poisoner.

Doesn't sound like the same "modus operandi" as the Ajijic poisoner.  Maybe a local resident fed up with all the loose dogs out there.

Not sure I'd be too specific here as to how the poisoning is being done as some other nut may decide to join in.  Dog owners may be oblivious to it but there is a lot of irritation around here at the loose dogs and the dog crap everywhere.

I continue to believe you all are dealing with a number of killers, not just one.

You just have to read the thread about the the person who had an accident there a couple of weeks back. going to jail and not having a car for weeks or months trips to mp etc and another person injured. no wonder some people behave like this. 

I am not in anyway suggesting these people are involved !!

The person involved in accident had to swerve to avoid a dog. another car was involved a person was injured. was close to where these dogs in haciendas were poisoned.

If someone else not as caring or sensible as the poster was . others may have had narrow escapes and decided to take the law into there own hands.totally wrong in my opinion but this stuff does happen here.

I was in the accident and there were several dogs at the entrance  of Chapala Hacienda 1 I believe, accross from the building in construction. The dogs that were there at the time, were big dogs, a doberman and a grey dog weinemarer type. No pit bull.. 

Maybe my post gave that sicko the  idea to go ther eto poison the dogs..

I was at the MP all day yeasterday so I am beginning to know the people there . If anyone want to report a dog poisoning I will be happy to go with that person to the MP. I speak Spanish and I am a Mexican citizen.

Does anyone know the description of the foreigner that the Ecology department followed? 

Did the gardener see a car or a vehicule associated with the dog poisoner?

The people involved in the accidents were Mexican and do not correspond to the description and they are all dog owners as well. 

I am the Chapala Haciendas resident who took the poisoned pitbull to the vet, Delfino Aguilar.

There has been some confusion on some blog sites about the dog dying at the vets office. I rushed the dog to Dr. Aguilar, Dr. Aguilar did everything he could to save the dog. I worked for a vet for five years and have a BS Degree in Agricultural Sciences. I have four dogs of which three are Mexican rescues that Dr. Aguilar takes care of.  Dr. Aguilar is an excellent vet.

Jon B.

Archived