Chapala.com Webboard

How to get drugs (legal) here quickly and cheaply from U.S.?

gringohombre

Some of you might have been following my saga of a botched hip replacement in Tlaquepaque and my emergency run to the Phoenix VA Hospital where in spite of thier reputation did an amazing job of a complete redo. However there was some infection and a blood clot that set in and I spent 4 weeks there with IV and constant monitoring. I basically talked my way out to return with a supply of drugs and instructions to see a local doctor here and do blood tests which I am doing. The problem is they they did not supply me with the total drug regime to take me through the program until the end of the year. They said they would send them to my son there in Phoenix for him to forward to me however there was a snafu and he did not receive them. After calling they inform me that he should receive them in the next couple of days. One, the infection medication is a new state of the art and very expensive drug and my supply here is real low. My question here is what is the best and fastest way way for my son to get these drugs here. I have a box at IShop Mail Center. Gracias

Be very careful as the Federal Prosecutor has prosecuted people from importation of controlled substances even though it goes to them and they have a prescription.  Best to bring medicines on your person or else risk prosecution and hiring an attorney.  I have a case exactly as such and they play dumb looking for a bribe or to just mess with people. 

If you want to jump through the official hoops, start here:

Importación de Productos para Consumo Personal (COFEPRIS)

This is probably the BEST way (i.e., legally), but definitely not the FASTEST, as it can take 2-3 months to get the one-time import permit, which must be included in the package along with the medications. This permit is the ONLY way any of the major air couriers (FedEx, DHL, UPS) will accept a shipment containing medications, controlled or not, or medical equipment (CPAP machines, etc.).

Fastest way is to find someone willing to risk jail time to carry the drugs to you personally.

Suerte,

Don

18 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Some of you might have been following my saga of a botched hip replacement in Tlaquepaque and my emergency run to the Phoenix VA Hospital where in spite of thier reputation did an amazing job of a complete redo. However there was some infection and a blood clot that set in and I spent 4 weeks there with IV and constant monitoring. I basically talked my way out to return with a supply of drugs and instructions to see a local doctor here and do blood tests which I am doing. The problem is they they did not supply me with the total drug regime to take me through the program until the end of the year. They said they would send them to my son there in Phoenix for him to forward to me however there was a snafu and he did not receive them. After calling they inform me that he should receive them in the next couple of days. One, the infection medication is a new state of the art and very expensive drug and my supply here is real low. My question here is what is the best and fastest way way for my son to get these drugs here. I have a box at IShop Mail Center. Gracias

Have you asked them at iShop how to do this?  In the past we've imported our prescription drugs through them...a friend picked them up at the pharmacy, sent them in a post office priority box marked medication refills on the outside using the pharmacy's return address, they were opened at Laredo by iShop, import forms filled out, taken by them to aduana in Nuevo Laredo, inspected, the box taped up and delivered to us about 2 weeks after initial mailing in the US.  Each script was charged $10 duty and handling fee for each unique medicine...a three month supply that included three vials was charged one $10 fee.  There was a question on a Facebook forum just a couple of weeks ago stating that iShop's website stated they do not accept medications, so I went in and asked them.  They told me nothing had changed and they still do the official importation for their customers.  What the ban on medications on the website means is that you cannot import larger amounts of nonprescription medicines for potential resale in Mexico.

Archived