Chapala.com Webboard

Bank tht accepts US checks for Deposit

Jeanneboo

Intercam is really good with Canadian cheques and I imagine they have started doing the same with US cheques again. Some friends and I have even opened accounts with them but before that  to cash cheques from my Canadian bank and  from 3rd parties[i.e.:relatives or gov't] I registered with Intercam by supplying passport,Mexican Visa and CFE bill.Even though it took 5 business days to clear at my bank in Canada,I got my cash right away in US, Canadian or Peso denominations but never Cuban Cucs.

Well that's interesting NJ expat because I have both and as of three months ago I had to wait 21 days and Multiva credited my checking account at the US rate of the day.   They have done this for several years.  I'd go to Intercam but every time I go there's a long line up so I don't.   Now I just deposit into my US Dollar account at Actinver.

1 hour ago, el bartman said:

Well that's interesting NJ expat because I have both and as of three months ago I had to wait 21 days and Multiva credited my checking account at the US rate of the day.   They have done this for several years.  I'd go to Intercam but every time I go there's a long line up so I don't.   Now I just deposit into my US Dollar account at Actinver.

I go to Intercam around 10-11am and usually there's only 1,2 or zero ahead of me and I never go on a Monday or week end. They have 2 tellers usually.

On 12/1/2016 at 5:54 AM, el bartman said:

Wellll maybe they like me better:lol:

On November 28, 2016 at 0:18 PM, Jeanneboo said:

Is there a bank, other than CI Banco, who accept US checks and have a reasonably fast turn around for withdrawal?  I have a surgeon's bill to pay and don't need a long turn around time.  Thanks.

Some US banks allow checks to be deposited remotely using an app on a smartphone or tablet where you take a picture of the front and back.  I have used that approach for a few checks.  It took about a business day for the check to be verified.  That puts the money in the US bank account.  Then, cash can be withdrawn at a local ATM in local currency.

Not sure if that fits your situation.  Just an idea.

23 minutes ago, Gstevenson said:

Some US banks allow checks to be deposited remotely using an app on a smartphone or tablet where you take a picture of the front and back.  I have used that approach for a few checks.  It took about a business day for the check to be verified.  That puts the money in the US bank account.  Then, cash can be withdrawn at a local ATM in local currency.

Not sure if that fits your situation.  Just an idea.

My bank allows that, it's probably the best way that I've seen posted.

Archived