Chapala.com Webboard

U.S.

9 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

I believe that if this is prescription medication and unless you have the prescription and it is your medicine it cannot be carried across the border.  If the person carrying it declares it, as they are required to do, it will most likely be confiscated.

Thank you for the information. I did not know that. I am also looking for someone to bring back an I pad that I have bought.

Am I incorrect?  I'm assuming you want to take it from Mexico and into the U.S.  If it is coming from the U.S. probably won't be much of a problem by car.

Driving north, we ran into this problem several years ago over some antibiotics that were sold OTC at the time here but required prescriptions up there.  As the crackdown on this had just started, the customs officer allowed us to keep the drugs but told us next time they'd be confiscated.

We crossed back three weeks later with the stuff and had no problem at all.

Hugh Roberts makes monthly trips to/from the USA and brings back a variety of items. His services are fully transparent, and IVA and duties are paid through him. His next trip will be around DEC 19. 

Can't offer any help on the meds, other than to suggest that your friend could come down here, get a local DR to write an Rx and then bring back the meds as their own. 

Good luck.

Archived