Chapala.com Webboard

3 dogs poisoned Villa Nova

A report of 3 dogs poisoned but saved by Pepe Magaña yesterday came in. Pls ask for camera footage if you are a resident of Villa Nova because the poisoner may be on film and that is finally evidence.

pls contact 331 350 4122 if you have information 

There is no debate The dog poisoning has to be stopped. But, there needs to be equal outrage over the dogs running loose as the horrendous accident near Chapala Haciendas recently discussed here pointed out, where people were severely injured and all went to jail because someone swerved to avoid a dog that was running loose. Apparently there is no way under law to go after the irresponsible owner.  There has to be equal outrage.

12 hours ago, Taaffe said:

A report of 3 dogs poisoned but saved by Pepe Magaña yesterday came in. Pls ask for camera footage if you are a resident of Villa Nova because the poisoner may be on film and that is finally evidence.

Villa Nova office is open from 10-1 tomorrow if you would care to personally follow this up. The office phone number is 766-3343 and does accept messages if no one is there when you call.

Would appreciate the details.  Not sure what the Villa Nova office can do about this.  I'm still convinced we are dealing with two poisoners, one on the east side, one on the west side.  The east side seems quiet for the moment but it would be a mistake to let down one's guard since no one has been caught.

15 hours ago, Taaffe said:

I sent you a PM.

I called Pepe Magaña who told me that Sunday 20 November 2 dogs were poisoned across the road from the entrance to VN. Dr Magaña was able to save them, but on Tuesday another dog nearby was poisoned and he wasn't able to save him.

So there unfortunately were no cameras to record this. I have had a volunteer offer to start keeping a map with dates and names and we have a protocol for vets to follow in reporting these crimes as well as a lawyer.

I would like those interested to meet at Lcs this wednesday 30 November at  12 15 in back to get up to date and brainstorm fresh ideas.

Thank you

On 11/25/2016 at 6:32 AM, Aquaponicsman said:

There is no debate The dog poisoning has to be stopped. But, there needs to be equal outrage over the dogs running loose as the horrendous accident near Chapala Haciendas recently discussed here pointed out, where people were severely injured and all went to jail because someone swerved to avoid a dog that was running loose. Apparently there is no way under law to go after the irresponsible owner.  There has to be equal outrage.

The car that swerved did so because he was driving to close to the car in front so could not stop in time The dog did not cause the accident poor driving was the cause and the police should give stiff fines for people who tail gate.  The lead driver was driving properly and breaked for an obstacle on the road,

The dog poisoner is a dangerous criminal  there is no excuse for killing innocent animals lose or in yards.

On November 25, 2016 at 0:39 AM, Taaffe said:

I don't know the details yet.

In regards to loose or in yard question above.... Taaffe said she is not certain of which for this last poisoning.  

However in the past two weeks another two pets behind walls/not loose were poisoned.

No debate, nor rationalization.  Just poisonings.  Several people have left this area, and only one was a dog owner.  This is quick becoming an area known for its poisoned cats and dogs.

Even if you do not have a cat or dog, everyone in our community should be appalled by this criminal activity. 

That aside:

It is truly amazing what the organizers have accomplished. This is a first for this area.

Unlike with past poisonings (prior to August 2016) : many are involved in this effort, including outstanding community members, which include pet owners, animal rights/protection advocate Mayra Ortiz. and area veterinarians.  I applaud the approach/organization, and energy.  

Archived