Chapala.com Webboard

Health Insurance

michael2595

Moving to Chapala area and dont need international healt insurance. Thinking of just getting catastrophic health inurance.. Any advice would be much appreciated as to what inurance company is the best and typical premiums and if one goes though a broker , etc. What do miost expats do?

Thank you kindly

Michael

Use the search function and put in 'health insurance'. There are lots of threads on this topic. What is best for me is not best for you. Premiums will vary widely based on your age, pre-existing conditions, past conditions, general health, etc. There are lots of choices here so perhaps it means having to call or contact them to get quotes.

You don't specify your age. If you are on Medicare, then consider a Medivac plan for about $400/yr (rate for up to 75 yo) and keep up with your part B coverage. Under 65 and on ObamaCare? My policy in the US will cover emergency care outside the US and I have my prescription drugs delivered to my official US residential address. I tried getting health ins here and it was a joke. My wife takes ONE blood pressure med and they granted her insurance and excluded cardiac coverage! I take 3 meds and they declined coverage for me. Her first year premium was $20,000 p and renewed at $26,000 the first year! We dropped it. 

Archived