Chapala.com Webboard

My First Visit: Relocation From Orlando, Florida

I just reviewed the website after years. There are some free lessons, and of course, you can buy his courses. I used his fabulous methods to teach English in Guadalajara. He has some great methods. 

On 11/20/2016 at 10:44 PM, RickS said:

" Also internet is not necessarily reliable anywhere in Mexico."

Since the OP's entire presence in Ajijic would depend on the Internet, I think this statement needs more definition. If one availed oneself to 2 independent sources of Internet connection, something that would not be too expensive but necessary if one was doing more than just 'visiting the Forums', how many hours in a day or days in a week would one NOT have reliable access to the Internet? 

Yes, of course having two sources of internet provider is possible. I wrote this because the OP, who seems like a nice, sincere person, is probably used to very reliable internet without any fuss. Having to switch between the 2 sources if one isn't working, loosing the electric completely, having to take a screwed up modem in to Telmex (maybe with a translator in tow) when one might have a time-sensitive business deal on the go - these are things the OP might want to be aware of.

He speaks of "ease of relocation"- while some people are able to take things in stride, don't get their knickers in a knot, and are highly adaptable to new situations, I don't think moving to another country, with a different language and very different ways of doing things, could be characterized as "easy" for anyone.

All,

I wanted to take a moment and say 'Thank You' for all of your idea's and suggestions.

I have 4 other geographic area's that I plan to research and compare to Ajijic. They include the Countries of Panama, Ecuador, Guatemala, South America and I wanted to see if there is a benefit to living in any of the Asian Countries.

I will follow back up once that research is complete.

Thanks Again,

Joe

Archived