Chapala.com Webboard

Nationality of Criminal Deportees - U.S.A.

CHILLIN

Does anyone know the answer to this question. When the U.S.A. deports convicted felons (not U.S. Citizens, many illegals), do they bundle Mexicans with all the other Central Americans, and just bus them across the border into Mexico? It would seem to be pretty expensive to fly a prison plane to Central America - and I am betting their native countries don't really want them back either. I have heard two people who have lived in Guadalajara for many years tell me that petty crime and street druggies are everywhere - and it is getting worse. One of them is renting his Guadalajara properties and buying a house in Chapala.

MC - it is sort of relevant, because Mexico has been accused of providing safe passage through Mexico, to the U.S. border. Of course many people, especially in the U.S., are upset about this. The reality is that it became a human rights concern, these travellers were being robbed, raped, sold into debauchery. But it would be a dirty shame if these people got "stuck" in a city like Guadalajara, waiting for another run, committing crimes against those who secured their safety. The other Guadalajara resident told me that there is a major intersection in Guadalajara where everyone single one of the "window washers" was a drug zombie (meth scabs, missing teeth, and pinpoint pupils of junkies).

Guest bennie2

RV save the rhetoric. most hondurans are gang boys/men up thru their 30s. some are younger girls w/out skills including spanish. the honduran gov had public service TV commericals inviting to the US- full benefits. mex gives a 3 day pass thru. that invite will be withdrawn later. no, mexico does not accept deportees from other countries. chillin, you are partly correct. there was a temp settlement house in guad for the cent amer pass thrus. yes there was crime. the current renters are mexican i assume. whether they had lived in the US & were deported, i dont know. interesting to note: when they are going north expats here sing james taylor. if they are returning, its a different song. now you know why the US chooses not to continue the policy. the crime in & drug dealing in north eastern US towns is a  serious issue. ok, covered the bases. (posted this summer of 2014 & most folks here said i was "making stuff up") 

4 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Mexicans are bused, all other nationalities are flown. I just saw that topic somewhere a couple of days ago.

pappys is on the money... I recently read a news articicle covering the same subject... apparently flying is the most economical way to repatriate. L

48 minutes ago, bobnliz said:

pappys is on the money... I recently read a news articicle covering the same subject... apparently flying is the most economical way to repatriate. L

The only alternative would be by ship as non-citizens of Mexico can't be deported to that country, except in the highly unusual situation that they are legal residents of that country and the Mexican government accepts them. 

6 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

MC - it is sort of relevant, because Mexico has been accused of providing safe passage through Mexico, to the U.S. border. Of course many people, especially in the U.S., are upset about this. The reality is that it became a human rights concern, these travellers were being robbed, raped, sold into debauchery. But it would be a dirty shame if these people got "stuck" in a city like Guadalajara, waiting for another run, committing crimes against those who secured their safety. The other Guadalajara resident told me that there is a major intersection in Guadalajara where everyone single one of the "window washers" was a drug zombie (meth scabs, missing teeth, and pinpoint pupils of junkies).

Well, I'll repeat that what worries me the most is the repatriation of criminals.  I would expect them to gravitate to areas like here, PV, Mazatlan, Cancun, anywhere where the pickings are richer.  We could be in for a rough ride.

This is a helluva mess that's for sure.  You're not going to solve the problem of failed countries like Honduras by exporting them to Mexico or the U.S.  

16 hours ago, bennie2 said:

interesting to note: when they are going north expats here sing james taylor. if they are returning, its a different song.

Bennie - I find that your posts are becoming more cogent and thoughtful, I don't no why, and probably you don't know either!?! But this part of your comment puzzles me. Hondurans singing James Taylor, and what songs do you suppose they sing upon deportation? Bob Dylan Subterranean Homesick Blues?

18 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Mexico has deported hundreds of thousands of Central Americans recently in the last 3 years and have stepped up checkpoints all over the country heading north.

"Mexico deported 92,889 Central Americans between October 2014 and April 2015, almost double the 49,893 in the same period the year before.

The US authorities, meanwhile, detained 70,226 people “other than Mexicans” – mostly from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador – between October 2014 and April 2015. The year before, it apprehended 159,103."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/13/mexico-central-american-migrants-journey-crackdown

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/04/mexico-deports-record-numbers-women-children-central-america

Safe passage through Mexico is a myth.

I live in Chiapas and meet a lot of Central Americans and what they fear the most is going through Mexico where they are killed, abused, used as sex slaves, attacked and kidnapped by gangs, run over by the beast  ..Safe passage through Mexico is a big myth. The border is porous but Chiapas cracks down big time on anyone leaving. They harrass their own people to catch th migrants.

I can tell you that every time I go north within Chiapas with indigenous friends, which happens several times a week we get stopped and harassed.  Chiapas used to be part of Guatemala, there is a lot of local commerce betwen the two areas, indigenous are Maya on both sides and good luck on telling them apart if they do not wear their costumes. 

Guest bennie2

the guadian will not tell you what the honduran govt does. the mexicans were protesting the refugees who were passing thru guad. this was reported locally & discussed here w/links. the settlement house was in a middleclass area & there was crime. this does not fit the guadian narrative. (800,000 have comein yes, the 92,000 who got deported are just a speck. media tells one side only)

Guest bennie2

chillin reread my comment. either you didnt get it or are playing around. "you have a friend" lalala sounds nice when "they" are leaving.  not too many expats are singing this tune upon "their" return. you can always subsitute john lennons "imagine"- 

Guest bennie2

BMH, the honduras gove & mex gove dos not provide for the safe passage. those people are lied too on TV. since they are using a special bus for the trip, they may be safe untill they reach the border. then again, who can trust bus drivers?  

Archived