Chapala.com Webboard

He's baaack. . . .Giovanni

Lexy

I ran into Giovanni, the peripatetic restaurateur that so many of us know so well,  at Walmart's today. I got a kiss on the cheek. He has a restaurant already opened at Centro Laguna, I think he said, hours noon to 9 pm. Giovanni is its name. Isn't this news? And no one has seen it yet or been there???

Lexy

Saw his place yesterday at the Centro Laguna food court. Quite a variety of offerings on his menu boards. Chicken curry was one, but most looked Italian. Got the fist-bump, wished him well. I see the chicken place is gone.

3 hours ago, bdlngton said:

Is that the going exchange rate for American cat lives to Mexican cat lives these days? ???

It's the standard number of lives for cats here according to our vets.  I think it's because life is so risky, they've used two up before they are born, then having only 7 left.

Being a Italian guy from Chicago I'm kind'a a Pizza snob . All us Italians love thin crust and his is great ! Deep dish Chicago pizza is good , but It's really for the tourists . The rest of us might eat it a couple times a year. Thank you Giovanni for some real Italian style pizza !

• 3 months later...

Stepped out on Saturday for a bite and ended up at Giovanni's. Salmon was on the menu but with a sauce we weren't interested in, so he offered to do it with curry. Man, he makes a good curry. From scratch. My companion doesn't like heat of any kind, and there was none. I now need to get his recipe for myself. I had a fettucine, very fresh, nicely grilled shrimp, all reasonably priced.

I must say, it was a nice change to sit and watch people go by in a relaxed atmosphere. Lately, getting very tired of large tables of people who have been pre-drinking getting far too raucous and noisy for polite society at one of my favourite places. All we had at the mall was kids and tourists having a good time. AND the management had hired a pop-jazz combo, playing lightly off to one side. Gio was in fine form; a perfect Mexican night.

Archived