Chapala.com Webboard

NO AMERICAN FLAG AT THE CHAPALA PARADE TODAY

Monessen

I attended the parade this morning in Chapala and for the first time I noticed the flag of the U.K. displayed where the U.S. flag was displayed. I remember always seeing the flags of Mexico, Canada and the U.S. displayed in the past. I think I would have remembered it if I saw the U.K. flag posted so conspicuously since I have lived in Chapala since 2013. There are always doubter in the crowd so I took some pictures to prove the point. I saw no U.S. flags at the parade. I am not getting political--I just am pointing out what I saw without commentary.

IMG_20161118_113706.jpg

IMG_20161118_113754.jpg

Was the fire truck donated by the UK or Canada?

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

The fire truck came from Vancouver Canada, didn't it?

Just a point worth noting:  Mexico sells about $25 billion to Canada versus nearly $300 billion to the U.S.  

And the US exports about 187 billion to Mexico, what's any of that got to do with a foreign flag on a Mexican truck?  

Hmm, what do you think the reaction would be if the shoe were on the other foot?

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/single-border-patrol-sector-catching-500-illegals-day-want-get-caught/

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/10/25/immigration-illegal-crossing-election/

How are all these people getting to the U.S. border?

6 hours ago, Jistme said:

Also, there's the recent news that Canada no longer requires Mexicans to apply for Visa's to enter the country.

Why shouldn't they?  No invasion at their border.  Has Mexico reciprocated for Canadians?  Why not?

Visas?  If you want a resident visa in this country you must get it in your home country and prove pretty substantial income, way more than needed to live here.  And how many from the opposite direction have any means of support or bother to get visas?

You can continue to pretend it is all about one election or one candidate or you can understand that the double standard at the U.S. border has finally created a backlash that isn't going away.  I guarantee you if the shoe were on the other foot it would have happened here a lot sooner.

Pew estimates $2 billion per month in remittances and confirms most from illegal immigrants.  $20 billion per year in drug money.    $8 billion in trade surplus per month.  Remittances exceed industrial earnings and are second only to tourism, Mexico's #1 industry.

Where do you think most of the production from all of these new factories in Mexico is going?  What would happen if the U.S. decided to slap a 16 percent tax on everything from Mexico like they do now with U.S. imports?

Finally,  I wonder how many expats here who express such hatred for their own country are living on money from that country, such as Social Security and pensions?  Since you are required to have substantial pension income to even get those visas I would suspect most of you.  

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Guest bennie2

yes mabel there are many mexican rapists murderers gangs. and? fusion mag said so - mex politicans have said so - mexican victims have said so - one of our pollticans said so. who cares if american flag is in a parade? like the flag? hang it in front of your home. grow up america. so & so what.

It seems that some only honor and respect their country if an election goes the way they want it.  You know, I can't recall encountering a single Mexican who acted that way after an election and I've been here for two of them now.

Speaking for myself, I'm damned grateful for the country that made it possible for me to live in this country as a paying guest.  That is the United States.  And I'm equally grateful to Mexico for inviting me to come and being very kind to me and my wife.

Mexico welcome us as self supporting residents and America made it possible for me to have that money and the freedom to live here.  It is a win-win for the few of us lucky enough to be here.  

I didn't much care for the results of the last two previous elections but I would never dream of expressing the hatred that some in this town have towards their country, the President elect, and even their fellow expats, just because they didn't get their way.  As we celebrate Thanksgiving next week I suggest some of you need to look at how you came to be here and who/where made it possible in the first place and develop a little more respect for your country, its Constitution, and for your fellow citizens who didn't happen to agree with you this time.

Let me say one of my motivations for putting this up is that a member of this group sent me a screen shot from TOB where people are openly expressing the hope that Mexican narco criminals might decide to physically attack and harm or kill some of their fellow expats for the crime of voting for Mr. Trump.

It doesn't get much more contemptible than that, folks.  There are people in that group who openly wish for you to be harmed because you chose to exercise your right to vote for the person of your choice in the U.S. election.  When I read some of the poorly concealed vituperation here I wonder how many in this group think the same.

I can't recall seeing anything even remotely approaching this kind of behavior from those who were outvoted in the two previous elections.

Right now hate, racism, white nationalism, misogyny and anti-Semitism are running rampant in the US. It is not a good time to be anything but a strait white male. The masters of of fear mongering, paranoia, and conspiracy theories have taken over too much of the media and too many people believe what they say. And yes the Social Security that I paid into for nearly 50 years may be stolen from me. And this is a government I am supposed to respect?

1 hour ago, Bontekoe said:

Trump called the Mexican rapist and a lot more LO wher do you leave?

1 hour ago, Bontekoe said:

Trump called the Mexican rapist and a lot more LO wher do you leave?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say.

15 minutes ago, MtnMama said:

Right now hate, racism, white nationalism, misogyny and anti-Semitism are running rampant in the US. It is not a good time to be anything but a strait white male. The masters of of fear mongering, paranoia, and conspiracy theories have taken over too much of the media and too many people believe what they say. And yes the Social Security that I paid into for nearly 50 years may be stolen from me. And this is a government I am supposed to respect?

And just who do you think is going to "steal" your social security?  There's nothing in either party platform or from either candidate which supports this idea.

Good read from PBS on that topic:  http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/presidential-candidates-stand-social-security/

The Social Security Trust Fund is projected to be depleted in 2034 under pretty optimistic scenarios.  Then what?  Still more tax increases on a working population that is shrinking and whose income is stagnant or falling?

Perhaps you should get beyond the standard, beaten to death scare words of the losers and find out what is really going on.

For example, everyone who doesn't agree with you is not a racist or a white nationalist or any of those other worn out and abused labels.

For example, some of us included factors like who would add to FATCA and who would get rid of it in our decisions.

Just a suggestion.  Don't be a victim of garbage in garbage out from ridiculously biased sources.  Now that the campaign rhetoric is over, follow what is actually going on and who is being appointed to what posts for guidance.

Guest bennie2

for 40 yrs the SS rumor has been active. never happend. the racist antisemite phobic misog is all nonesence faux outrage. matter of fact its total opposite. most people voted for their insurance premiums, jobs, safety & return of freespeech (w/out legislation), rejection of an open border global freetrade hemisphere. many paranoids here swayed by the 90% histrionic media who are beholden to the 6 corps who own them. there is an agenda much bigger than most people know. few readers do thier research. i wouldnt bother commenting on TOB, yes i saw it no bigdeal, business as usual. let them have their meltdown, bring it on. besides local trash (above), there are CEOs's, hollywood directors, prominent shill journalists, socalled civil rights groups, who have also avocated violence & made death threats. the sheeple take their lead from them. guess is ovious who will incite "hatecrimes"- monkey see monkey do. there have always been those trying to suppress others. maybe we needed to have this conversation.

After  8 years of treating the current President like a 2nd class citizen and calling him and his family every vile racist thing they could, you expect everyone to embrace the thing that just got elected? LOL. Your attempts at making people who don't embrace him to be unpatriotic are pathetic. He is going to reap what you have sewn. Hate and anger.

Archived