Chapala.com Webboard

Review emergency room at Segura Popular

Fred Habacht

I slipped and cut my head....was driven to the Joco Hospital. Was immediately brought into the emergency room. After asking what happened,   they immediately began cleaning and stitching the wound.

I was asked if I was a member.  All charges were covered as is the follow up to remove stitches....meds were also supplied. I give it two thumbs up.

Fred Habacht

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HA! Yes, I have had my fall, too, when I was first here. Hopefully never again--that's me walking around looking down at my feet and looking at where I am going! If you are not in excellent muscular shape, and do not know how to roll with the fall, a fall can be very very damaging. Well, it can be very damaging despite all. Darn cobblestones!

One good thing about the cobblestones is after a year or so no more twisted ankles as ankles get strong from moving from side to side.  I use to pull an ankle yearly now its been five years since I pulled one here.   Just saying something good about the cobbles laugh out loud.  Watch falling on your arm or wrist as they can break. Sure avoid banging head is a good idea but I practice falling to avoid breaking a wrist or arm.  I agree we all fall sooner or later especially the folks who don't walk much or wear silly shoes.

10 hours ago, barbara habacht said:

I slipped and cut my head....was driven to the Joco Hospital. Was immediately brought into the emergency room. After asking what happened,   they immediately began cleaning and stitching the wound.

I was asked if I was a member.  All charges were covered as is the follow up to remove stitches....meds were also supplied. I give it two thumbs up.

Fred Habacht

That's great. Three questions: What are the annual fees for Seguro Popular for a 61yr. old male 2) Do they disqualify you for preexisting conditions such as high blood pressure like IMSS does? 3) Are their doctors bilingual? Thanks.

There are no annual costs for those that understand the system. There are no restrictions on pre-existing conditions...but they do not have the ability or funds to treat everything. Some doctors are bi-linqual but not all and english is usually poor. I am able to exist in the language area but I needed help with the doctors yesterday. I also have friends in the system who can translate.

You can PM me for more info.

Fred Habacht for Barbara

10 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

If you would get out of your house sometime, your chances would increase ! :D 

It's called good balance and looking before you leap and not living in a village on the side of a mountain, where streets are considered quaint. And another thing haven't you noticed how Mexican women wearing the highest of heels manage nicely and gracefully. I notice this as often as i can.

Most chiropractors  advise walking straight with the weight on your heels and head up.  HAH!  If you live in a cobblestoned world, those "quaint" little things will get you, sooner or later.  (With, of course, the exception of Mr. Small.) I, too, am a Fallen Woman.

I have fallen twice in the past few months. Once I tripped going into Telcel to pay my bill. Another time, I tripped and fell entering TelMex to pay my bill. At TelMex it was a rainy day and I tripped over the cardboard box they had flattened out and put down, I guess so no one trips on the wet floor. (After they scooped me up at TelMex, the cardboad was quickly picked up and discarded.)

I was not seriously hurt either time, so if I'm not walking as gracefully as I used to, at least I'm falling right.

Lexy

Update:

My stitches will be removed on Monday by the doctor that put them in at the Jocotepec Segura Popular Hospital. He cautioned me that they do not treat scars...so I get to keep this one unless I want to make an insurance claim for plastic surgery on the scar. At my age, a scar will not affect my future career.

Fred Habacht

On 11/14/2016 at 11:00 AM, barbara habacht said:

Fred Habacht

Fred I'm so sorry about your accident. So glad that we have the new hospital.

I just wanted to know if the new Joco hospital is IMSS or Seguro Popular or both? I have had folks tell me they thought that it was S. P. and others say that it was IMSS. Also, can Chapala people use it? There is some type of large, modern looking  S. P. facility in Chapala (not the clinic).

Archived