Chapala.com Webboard

Quota toll pass

RCman

https://www.idmexico.com.mx/idmexico/inicio/index?sectionname=Comofunciona

No savings though except for the first or second time you use it or so if you are lucky. Main benefit is you can use the faster lanes if they aren't closed. Still recomended to take some money with you in case they have technical problems which might happen sometimes.

You can prepay or postpay using a credit card which they will charge you after you passed the toll booths right away or until a few days laters. I prefer postpay. In case of double/wrong charges you can report that on their website and they pay it back within a few days normally.

We just went to AZ and back and used our toll tag, it worked perfectly this time. Last year we got too close to a bus or big truck and it shut it down for the entire trip because it thought we were a different vehicle and it shut it down for fraud. So this time we made sure we waited until the arm was down and then held it up and didn't get too close to anyone. Worked the entire trip.

We paid $200p for it and you can put up to I think $3000p I could be wrong on that one. You have to put money on it within a year or you lose your money on it, so just go up it another $200p or so.

We bought ours at the Bancomer in Ajijic at the plaza. It does save you a lot of time.

We like ours too. Worked 100% on the way to Laredo and Back. Last year only 1 of 4 toll plazas worked on the way to Vallerta but more recently all of them worked. Should be ok now to Manzanillo with the new toll plazas and dedicated iClave lane.

We mounted ours on the underside of the rear view mirror, and drive really slow thru the toll booth area.

I have discovered a small problem and have figured out a solution to it on the toll pass telepaje. If you have a Texas TexPass toll pass on you windshield, as I do, it is a much more powerful responce to the interagation by the transmiter. I have taped a 2" square of foil over the TexPass and now have no problem getting my Telepaje read each time. It is not the quality system of Texas or Florida and you can't go through at 60 mph like in those systems. So if you're having intermittent reader problems just tape it up with foil, which you can just peel off in Texas and redo when you head home.. The Foil goes on the outside and it stayed on just fine through 6 good mexican window washes

14 hours ago, conejorapido said:

Do you put the foil on the outside of the windshield or inside. Seems like a stupid question but I can't see how putting foil on the inside would work and don't know how I'd keep the tape on the outside (at the speeds I drive!)

Foil on the outside and it stayed on just fine through 6 good mexican window washes. However I did have extra tape with me but didn't need it.

Archived