Chapala.com Webboard

Braised Pork Shank

Halfglass

15 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

And that popularity is why you can't get a good roast pork at the butcher shop.

That's what I quite clearly said before about obtaining it with skin and fat on. Blade bone pork steaks seem to be beyond most butchers knowledge hereabouts as well, even after showing them a picture.

• 2 weeks later...

In Joco they sell big pieces of very crisp pork skin, I buy it and just pop it in the oven to go with my very lean pork meat.  I buy my pork at Aurrora which horrifies my expat friends, the meat area "smells nasty"....but the pork and chicken they sell is delicious, tender, and CHEAP

Ros, what happens to the crisp pork skin? Doesn't it just burn? (What I refer to is the pork rind crisps that come in a package like a bag of chips; I often see the whole pigskin done that way, but is it different?)

On 12/3/2016 at 4:03 PM, rosfreed said:

In Joco they sell big pieces of very crisp pork skin, I buy it and just pop it in the oven to go with my very lean pork meat.  I buy my pork at Aurrora which horrifies my expat friends, the meat area "smells nasty"....but the pork and chicken they sell is delicious, tender, and CHEAP

Rosfreed, are you talking about chicharrón?  Do you just 'pop it in the oven' to warm it up?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived