Chapala.com Webboard

Thinking of moving back to Mexico

Narda

1 hour ago, bdmowers said:

And a dangerous demagogue with no political experience has ever been elected as president of the United States before. And I`ll just bet you`re going to say that I`m being political and you`re not? Who started this discussion?

You are being political because you Are badmouthing the selection of the person that the US has elected for its President . What you are really saying is that those who voted to elect their new President are $%&/()s because they don't agree with your opinion, and your opinion is the only one that counts. THAT is why you are being political.

MC is reporting FACTS, about those who do not respect the results of an election because they lost and did not get their way. The US has spoken for what they want for their next President, so people need to realize they lost, and accepting those results and moving forward is part of growing up and shedding childish behavior.

5 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

My concern about all this is that the first crackdown up there is likely to be throwing the considerable criminal illegal immigrant population out of the U.S. and too many of them may find their way here simply because there are a lot of expats in this area.  San Miguel may also experience this if it happens at all.

My understanding is that the current US President has 41,000 illegals in holding, waiting to be deported. He has set an all-time record for deportions by US Presidents. The new President will have a long way to go to match that record.

If I insulted anyone by pointing out these occurrences didn't happen when the shoe was on the other foot, they deserve to be insulted.  I've stated a fact that is easily verified with a little research.

There's no excuse for assaulting people, rioting in the streets and acting like some spoiled brat in public because one doesn't like the results of an election.  Period.

1 hour ago, vetteforron said:

Republicans don't riot!

No, they just beat people up at their rallies.

I've lived through the reign of several POTUSes  I loathed  because they were of dubious character and intent.  Everybody survived until the next election.  No matter what one feels, there's no excuse for rioting.  Nothing positive results. If people want change, they should get busy and work toward it. 46% of the population didn't give enough of a dang to even vote.  The End.

Now, just in honor of the OP asking a legitimate question and not asking for our political leanings: here's my take on it:

My spouse and I first moved from CA to San Miguel de Allende in 2004.  There were a few serious crimes against expats during the next few years, including a kidnapping, a serial rapist and a home invasion right next door.  The usual gang activity was going on.  The police patrolled my barrio on horseback regularly.  The cold in the winter was colder (hail on occasion) and it was as hot or hotter than here in the "summer".  The altitude got to me finally, so we eventually moved to this area after three years in San Miguel.  This altitude is marginal for those with lung problems, but it works well enough.  I feel much better at sea level, but the weather is just too hot and humid for me.  This is a fine climate and not too far to drive to the coast in less than half a day  when we need a "beach fix".  I'd recommend coming here and giving it a try.  As I'm sure you've heard before:  RENT DON'T BUY for at least a year.  Good luck!

The US populace, its political institutions and the institution of democracy has been severely assaulted by the recent election and rioting or full revolution is to be expected. "Period". "The End".

Archived