Chapala.com Webboard

Moving to Mexico

pedroshalfbrother

That's what most think, she has a multi-entry which gives her a 10 year ban, meaning she has to sit out of the USA for 10 years. She has a 9C bar.

212(a)(9)(c), there are other bars. If an alien accrues a year of unlawful presence and departs the United States and then comes back without being admitted at a border, the person is barred from getting a visa until he or she stays out of the country for ten years. INA § 212(a)(9)(C)(i)(I). The State Department affectionately calls this the “permanent bar.”  After ten years, the alien then must seek special permission to come back to the United States. The same bar applies to a person who is deported and then comes back without permission. INA § 212(a)(9)(C)(i)(II). Unlike the 212(a)(9)(B) bar, the accrual of the one year of unlawful presence is cumulative. Thus, if an alien overstays a visa for two months six times, and the person then comes into the United States without being inspected, the person faces the permanent bar.

36 minutes ago, HookEmHorns said:

Seems like breaking the US laws actually do have some consequences for some. I'm impressed.

Being poor and have to feed your family, you gotta do what you gotta do. Had her father not passed away and she had not left the states to go back for his funeral she would have qualified for a green card, but I wasn't the one that made the laws nor was I going to stop her from going to her fathers funeral..

Unfortunately for many folks, laws are made "in gereral" and more often than not, leave no room for interpretation or place for exceptions.. It shouldn't be this difficult... this is cruel and unusual punishment.

Why don't you move to México, halfbro... it is sooo much mellower here?

Guest bennie2

oh pleeeze, this is a fake post. your wife is the last person who will be checked. you know this, if you have a wife. funeral? feed the family? pedro/the coyboy hat? the material is old. (in theory, IF this was a real situation: go to the border get on bus then take a bus back. we still have the old president in office):rolleyes:.

2 hours ago, pedroshalfbrother said:

Being poor and have to feed your family, you gotta do what you gotta do. Had her father not passed away and she had not left the states to go back for his funeral she would have qualified for a green card, but I wasn't the one that made the laws nor was I going to stop her from going to her fathers funeral..

I totally understand. Unlike Mexico in which you can leave the country during the visa process once finger printed, in the US you can not leave once process is started and until completed. That takes many months. Since your wife left for a family funeral her process stopped and in leaving broke the law resulting in a 10 year ban. Yes one can get permission but when someone dies unexpectedly little time for researching options, seeking and being granted permission. Unfortunately, there will always be some uninformed, rude poster. Please ignore.

My web site under Immigration explains the process for an expat married to a Mexican national. I have processed many. Happy to answer questions.

best wishes

Sonia

As one who has been through that process with my Mexican wife, it is MUCH easier and less time consuming than most people post. Also, very easy to apply and receive permission to leave the country for an extended time and then return, as we left for a quinceanera for about 20 days and returned 10 days before her green card was issued, no problems. The paperwork is very straight forward for anyone that can read and follow directions, no lawyer, etc. needed. Don't knock the system, that is not the problem here.

1 hour ago, bennie2 said:

oh pleeeze, this is a fake post. your wife is the last person who will be checked. you know this, if you have a wife. funeral? feed the family? pedro/the coyboy hat? the material is old. (in theory, IF this was a real situation: go to the border get on bus then take a bus back. we still have the old president in office):rolleyes:.

As Sonia says, Uninformed.

1 hour ago, Hud said:

As one who has been through that process with my Mexican wife, it is MUCH easier and less time consuming than most people post. Also, very easy to apply and receive permission to leave the country for an extended time and then return, as we left for a quinceanera for about 20 days and returned 10 days before her green card was issued, no problems. The paperwork is very straight forward for anyone that can read and follow directions, no lawyer, etc. needed. Don't knock the system, that is not the problem here.

Was not knocking the system, just posted that we was maybe being forced to move due to the way Trump said what he was going to do to people in my situation.

Maybe you were actually misinformed about Trump, as many were.  But, if you are afraid of him being President of the USA, then by all means, leave.

5 minutes ago, Hud said:

Maybe you were actually misinformed about Trump, as many were.  But, if you are afraid of him being President of the USA, then by all means, leave.

Pardon the cynical laughter, but after this campaign I can't imagine a single thing that we failed to hear about the both of the candidates' intentions, private lives and details of their history.  It's all been published in agonizing  detail.  The sun did rise in the morning anyway.  The popular vote count, as has happened in the past, was won by the losing candidate.  What a system!  :rolleyes:

Viva Mexico.

Guest bennie2

everyone knows undocumented people openly graduate college & get jobs. (also as visable activists & journalists). save this spin for huffpost or NYT's. they will be running more of these nonsence stories as they have for 2 years. sonia knows the mex side but maybe not the other side. she has a business in SMA & promotes it on the board. (thats fine). anyone have a baby been biten by a scorpian story? how bout screaming sobbing children been ripped from their mothers arms? (as of last night). "pedro brother"- you are an expat either living here, or a former expat. why would a mexican write on a forum for retiree? never ceases to amaze me how naive & foolish people are. gringal is correct, theres nothing more to say. any questions, go to the pres elect website.

1 minute ago, gringal said:

The popular vote count, as has happened in the past, was won by the losing candidate.  What a system!  :rolleyes:

Viva Mexico.

Maybe that is why it has lasted so long, and keeps on ticking ! Yep, no doubt many NOB would be better served here by the Mexican Government. That is why I suggested if he was unhappy or in fear, he might want to get out of there like you did.

36 minutes ago, Hud said:

Maybe that is why it has lasted so long, and keeps on ticking ! Yep, no doubt many NOB would be better served here by the Mexican Government. That is why I suggested if he was unhappy or in fear, he might want to get out of there like you did.

I was neither unhappy or fearful when I moved here over a dozen years ago.  I was happy in the states and am so in Mexico as well. People move here for a great variety of positive reasons.  Personally, I can't imagine why anyone would leave his/her homeland simply because they didn't like the way an election turned out.  For fear and unhappiness.........my immigrant ancestors came to the U.S. because they were in a war zone in Europe at the time.

Archived