Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, gringal said:

Don't forget being child caretakers and winery workers.

 

That makes me very fearful ! Will they be taking away all those work permits, and not issuing any more?

Link to post
Share on other sites

True.  All immigrants should be legal, just as us gringos must be legal here.  Even the legal Mexicans don't seem to be appreciated as they also do the grunt work.  Everyone should see the movie "A day without a Mexican"  One day all of the Mexicans in the states disappeared and there was no one to do the grunt work.  It was a disaster for the rest of the people who did not have the Mexicans to do the hard work.

I appreciate every Mexican who does my grunt work here.  They are so valuable !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

 

I appreciate every Mexican who does my grunt work here.  They are so valuable !

Are they all legal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

True.  All immigrants should be legal, just as us gringos must be legal here.  Even the legal Mexicans don't seem to be appreciated as they also do the grunt work.  Everyone should see the movie "A day without a Mexican"  One day all of the Mexicans in the states disappeared and there was no one to do the grunt work.  It was a disaster for the rest of the people who did not have the Mexicans to do the hard work.

I appreciate every Mexican who does my grunt work here.  They are so valuable !

Maybe an other disaster would be if all "gringos" stopped going into local restaurants for a week. If you make a contract to do a job then both parties have a responsibility to act accordingly .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remember the law of supply and demand works very well. If there was no supply of cheap labor the wages paid to all of these occupations would rise as high as necessary to attract enough workers. Americans won't pick beans for peanuts but there would be no shortage of willing workers if it paid a living wage. The consumer would pay higher prices for lots of things but the work and those wages would go to citizens and legal guest workers. A win for everyone but the consumer and big deal if I have to mow my own lawn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest bennie2

the fruit workers & nannies will not be bothered for a long time. who did this work before the corps shipped hispanic folks in? the focus is on criminals. oh excuse me, there are none. let mexico takecare of their own. why is everyone concerned w/the  corportions bottom line? paying a living wage is the way to go. there are legal mexicans out of work & many afro americans. when the factories moved over seas that is when the black communties went down the hill. looks like the hemispheric global open border & trade dream will be walked back for a few years. this is our brexit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Just remember the law of supply and demand works very well. If there was no supply of cheap labor the wages paid to all of these occupations would rise as high as necessary to attract enough workers. Americans won't pick beans for peanuts but there would be no shortage of willing workers if it paid a living wage. The consumer would pay higher prices for lots of things but the work and those wages would go to citizens and legal guest workers. A win for everyone but the consumer and big deal if I have to mow my own lawn.

That sounds good on the surface.  Now, try to imagine the prices in the produce department if that came to pass.

When my spouse was a teenager who wanted work picking produce like the Mexican field laborers in the Salinas valley, he and his friend didn't last the day keeping up with them.  Let's be real about who would be willing to do those jobs at any pay.  The People are not as tough or as desperate as they used to be back in the Great Depression.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest bennie2

gringal, dont forget rural america, they need jobs too. dont worry about produce, buy locally thats the way to go. very fresh & you are helping people w/thier independent businesses. the prices are much lower. all your arguments are outdated, we have a new direction now. un vetted central americans (ect) will be thing of the past. america is no longer for sale, the store is closed.

Edited by bennie2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bennie2 said:

gringal, dont forget rural america, they need jobs too. dont worry about produce, buy locally thats the way to go. very fresh & you are helping people w/thier independent businesses. all your arguments are outdated, we have a new direction now. un vetted central americans (ect) will be thing of the past. america is no longer for sale, the store is closed.

 You sound as though you are in a state of Trumpeuphoria, Bennie.  What new direction?   Who do you think is going to do stoop labor picking the lettuce in California?  Your average former factory workers?  What's any this have to do with local produce?  Smoking something interesting?.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

OK this is getting a bit political and derogatory in spots.  Shall we wait and see?

I am encouraged by the fact that Mr. Peña Nieto invited the candidates down and Mr. Trump came and they had a frank and open discussion.  That is a good start.

The original intent of this thread was a heads up about encountering possible post election hostility.  I've been out and about alot today and haven't run into any.  If anything serious happens, please report it here in a new thread.

Closed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...