Chapala.com Webboard

Beware

Totally agree. although im not american until i speak they dont that  maybe even if i do they wont care. 

Wont stop me from living my life. nothing will change. still will go the bars. but just a bit more aware.

How mexico will cope if trump carries out his threats of throwing illigals out. building a wall and import tax on mexican goods is a worry. lots of angry unemployed and homeless people wandering around is not good anywhere.

Lets hope common sense prevails on both sides.

Mexico has run a trade surplus with the U.S. for 22 straight years.  A reader of Mexico News Daily has been treated to numerous stories of how Cubans, Africans, Haitians, and Central Americans have been "helped" to the border for the purpose of illegal immigration.

I don't see a lot of common sense in the idea that these practices can go on indefinitely without a backlash.

Let's just keep our heads down and not add to the hysteria and emotionalism.

13 minutes ago, HookEmHorns said:

Ever think that the wall, illegals, and import tax, and drugs all may depend on what Mexico actually does (or doesn't do) in response to how Trump sees this "relationship" between our countries? I would wager that Trump demands that Mexico carry their own weight in those areas, for a change.

While speculating about the future, be aware that the POTUS can't do much of anything without the support of Congress.  That's true for any president, and campaign promises are most often honored in the breach.

39 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Aren't they the ones wearing the white socks with sandals?

:D

Down here in PV they frequently are seen with black socks and sandals and of course the Tilly hat and almost always the maple leaf so they are not confused with Americans.

Guest bennie2

"beware"? :rolleyes:there is no drama here, dont create when there is none. in all these years i have never dicussed politics w/workers. it will take about 1-2 years to even address illegal migration/faux refugees. gangs, prisoners, felons, dealers go first. they are from all over central america, mexico, south america. they belong in their own counties. (also the middle east ect). police records will be checked for the others. next will be the materity tourism crowd. the people who applied for citizenship will come first. the others have to go home & apply or wait in back of the line. most longterm legal mexicans like this policy. this has nothing to do w/any expat living here. dont make it about you.

When the Mexicans are sent back, the Americans will need to put down their gadgets and gizmos and go out and pick the oranges, tomatoes, cucumbers, cantaloupes, string beans, do the yard work and tar the roof tops, wash the dishes, mop the floors, clean the toilets, do all the grunt work for a few dollars a day.  That will be creating jobs for Americans, right?

6 hours ago, Ryan Masters said:

Several of my amigos have been warning me for some time now that there could be a very negative reaction to the results of the US presidential election. All it takes is an angered few.

Let's be careful in what we say and do.

" several of my amigos have been warning me..."  here we go with the fear mongering.

21 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

When the Mexicans are sent back, the Americans will need to put down their gadgets and gizmos and go out and pick the oranges, tomatoes, cucumbers, cantaloupes, string beans, do the yard work and tar the roof tops, wash the dishes, mop the floors, clean the toilets, do all the grunt work for a few dollars a day.  That will be creating jobs for Americans, right?

Don't forget being child caretakers and winery workers.

Archived