Chapala.com Webboard

La Cristina

Zeb

No gringo shops in Joco for anything.Why drive on over 20 topes when all the stuff you want is at SuperLake or Walmart. With any gated community you have to check the financials and if there are homeowners who don't pay their dues. Lately you have to check the water availability if they have a well and are not on municipal water. 

There are gated communities within La Christina, but most of the properties are stand-alone.  We shop mostly in Ajijic but go to San Juan for meat and Jocotepec for dog and horse feed.  It's a great community with new construction going up and some properties that have been here since the last revolution.

I think there is some confusion because there is a west Ajijic neighborhood and I think a stand alone community between SJC and Joco that have the same name. And Joco shopping is actually a fun and very much more Mexican experience...oh, and prices for the same items are usually cheaper there. Alan

I think La Christina is just within the western boundary of Ajijic, even though post office and utilities may not reflect that. Much further to go to Joco for anything than back to central Ajijic.  Beautiful properties with large lots for the most part. The couple folks that I know who live there love the peace and quiet with the close proximity of Ajijic conveniences.

22 hours ago, tomgates said:

No gringo shops in Joco for anything.Why drive on over 20 topes when all the stuff you want is at SuperLake or Walmart. With any gated community you have to check the financials and if there are homeowners who don't pay their dues. Lately you have to check the water availability if they have a well and are not on municipal water. 

Cost.

Zeb,  I agree, The cost is good more bang for your buck with individual tasteful styled homes. the neighborhood is lovely, quiet and not cookie cutter condos.  Easiest and best shopping is at the Organic Farmers "Tuesday" Market is only 3 mins. from La Cristina.

A friend lived in La Cristina and shopped at La Huerta in Rancho de Oro and Joco depending.
They came into Ajijic late in the day when the workers were going home and the town 
was quiet. they found tons of shopping within 5 mins. away ~ except for Jocotepec.  That said, Joco is a lovely town to explore and they still go there.  I love shopping there too, when I have a free day.
We all love La Cristina.  Quiet, friendly and above all, safe!
Take a look at 50-4 La Privada They have GREAT taste... For Sale by Fenix ~ no ~ I am NOT a realtor 8~))

At one time internet speeds were quite slow there. Perhaps someone living there could post whether that is still a problem there or whether things have changed. Satellite reception is fine there unless there might be trees in the way which is usually not a problem.

I have lived in La Cristina for 11 years. I maintain the mailing list for the neighborhood.  We all love the peace and quiet of life out here.  Today, despite the topes, we do our shopping in Ajijic and San Antonio.  With only one road in and out we have stayed relatively safe compared to the rest of the community..  Is it perfect-----no..
  if you are the type that likes to walk out of your house and see your neighbors then this isn't the place for you.  BUT, if you want a place where your neighbors have your best interest at heart and care about you  then you will be very happy put here.

If you are a newbie then you will think we are too far out of the village but I can tell you the distance seems to shorten every year!!!

I have telecable. I average 8 to10 mb/s download.  I can stream tv programs most of the time. Most folks out here use Telmex.  All of us download movies.  I can't get a telcell signal inside the house.

We are part of Ajijic. We have municipal water and trash pickup.

Archived