Chapala.com Webboard

No reviews of Just Chillin Papa?

mhopkins2

25 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Agree, another likable place although we just can't seem to warm up to his food.  Wear mosquito repellent when you dine there.  Actually that is true of many if not most of the indoor/outdoor dining venues here.

I think he has a different meat supplier.  For three visits now, he's had tender, delicious filet mignon.....better than anyone else, IMO.

I like dining inside:  no flies, no 'squitos and much more comfortable seats.

15 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Well since he is on your recommended list again, we'll have to give it a try.  We rarely disagree with your restaurant assessments and as we are infrequent diners out they are most helpful.  Thank you Gringal.

I'm a picky eater, that's all.  If a restaurant is using cheapo oils, my stomach complains.  Deep fry?  Tasty, but it depends on whether they are they are using fresh oils, and aren't drowning the food in them. I'd like to recommended Just Chillin', but will hold off doing so until after I see whether they have the same sort of cooking they had in the previous place.  Too much on the oniony, oily side.  Not the greatest cheeses. There are big differences among "Mexican" restaurants.  The best ones are not local. Yet.  We'll see.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 7:34 AM, Oatsie said:

I hear that Noe has moved to Cozumel and is running Just Chillin' there.  Any truth to that ?

We had dinner this Wednesday in Cozumel at Noe's Chillin. New Bistro menu as the "chllin" concept wasn't working for him. We enjoyed it and his music

On November 8, 2016 at 11:10 AM, solajijic said:

We chose not to go in because of the music.  There are plenty of places to go "dancing".  When we go out with friends for a meal we are looking primarily for decent food and a good conversation.  We are not going out for dinner at 7pm looking for music for dancing.  Chillin' will not be on our or our friends lists because of the focus on music.

Would hardly call that music dancing music, more like music to dine by....

But I guess you can't please some people any of the the time...

This is just getting confusing because the OP was talking about Just Chillin' at the old Tom's bar location....and others keep veering around from talking about that to talking about Chillin' Bistro in Cozumel and then Yves' Restaurant.  

People, let's focus here.  Talk about one restaurant only.  If you have something to say about other restaurants, start a new thread, please!

26 minutes ago, suegarn said:

This is just getting confusing because the OP was talking about Just Chillin' at the old Tom's bar location....and others keep veering around from talking about that to talking about Chillin' Bistro in Cozumel and then Yves' Restaurant.  

People, let's focus here.  Talk about one restaurant only.  If you have something to say about other restaurants, start a new thread, please!

Great point..  (Please note I'm being very careful what I say because I will get threatened with being banned.)

Certain people ( and we all know who)  have to take every oprttunity to impose their point of view on everyone else.

The original post had nothing to do with music, it was about Just Chillin

9 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Great point..  (Please note I'm being very careful what I say because I will get threatened with being banned.)

Certain people ( and we all know who)  have to take every oprttunity to impose their point of view on everyone else.

The original post had nothing to do with music, it was about Just Chillin

Try not to have your pain in advance. :D

14 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

A thread is boring and pointless if it isn't allowed to meander a little bit, as this one does, generally speaking with some good information. The problems start when people take on the role of moderator.

I'm not sure that talking about Yves' restaurant on a thread titled 'No reviews of Just Chillin' Papa' could be considered meandering "a little bit".  

I'm sorry if it sounded like I was trying to take on the role of moderator.  That was not my intent. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived