Chapala.com Webboard

Whereabouts of Joe Fontaine?

RCman

When we lived here back in 2000 to 2005 we were great friends of Joe and his Karaoke. We hear now he is in a nursing home in Lower La Floresta. We walked down to Alicia's and were told he was not there. Does anyone who remembers Joe know exactly where he is?

We also knew Joe very well but have lost contact with him.  I remember when he was in the nursing home because of his hip problem and the last I heard of Joe is that he got married and he moved out of the area.  I think probably if you check at Johnny's Mama's Bar Elisia may know where he is now.

Joe is still here and yesterday we were told he is in a nursing home ( but still mobile ) in the block just below where the horses are stationed in Lower La Floresta. My wife and I were within a block of his place but didn't have a street number. We are going to try again this morning and were told to watch for his old green Van. We also know now that he is often at Mama's on Tuesday and Friday night's because they have Karaoke. I owned Club Hidalgo back in 2002-2004 and Joe did my Karaoke nights. Thank you for your response. Bob

Wow, a blast from the past. Bob is back, Joe is still doing karaoke can Dwayne Blackwell be far behind?

A remake of Mr. Blue's?

Does anyone remember the "pool" that Bob ran to guess the date and time of "Paty's Bar Baby" being born?

1 hour ago, virgogirl said:

Just a question. Where's Mama's?

Go to the forum index, scroll down to Resaurant Happenings, and in that forum you will find a thread for Mama's Bar - a short answer is in San Antonio but the thread will give you more information.

Archived