Chapala.com Webboard

Electric Blanket or Electric Throw Rug

Arjay

Does anyone know where I could buy an electric blanket (preferably twin size) or electric throw rug in Lakeside.  I had no problem buying one at Walmart in Toronto but I come down here and it seems the staff have never heard of such a thing - the sales lady directed me to electric heaters.  When I mentioned it was for my bed (cama) she looked confused.

Any help would be much appreciated

When we can't seem to find it Lakeside, we always first check out Mercado Libre.  

http://listado.mercadolibre.com.mx/cobija-electrica#D[A:cobija-electrica,B:0]

and next we check out  Amazon Mexico

https://www.amazon.com.mx/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/167-6746276-5010218?__mk_es_MX=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cobija+electrica

We have successfully and easily purchased lots of stuff from both sites.  But it helps to know a little Spanish or use Google translate.

Another good piece of advice, if you see something you like and can´t read the reviews or cannot even even find them to know what you are really getting or its quality (as in mercadolibre), just copy and paste the name and model of the product and check it out on Amazon USA to see what people had to say about it.  Just make sure it says articulo nuevo or new item at the top to ensure that it comes new and sealed from the factory.  Simple enough!

33 minutes ago, Willie said:

Just saw a used one in the bazar next to Have Hammers in Riberas.  Not sure of the size.

I've heard of them but am not sure where they are - can you please give me more details.  Thanks.

Amazon.mx has electric blankets I do not know how the price compares to up North. I have seen them at Costco and Sams at different times.  They are not a big item down here but like so many things some places will bring them in at this time of year.

Get familiar with your thrift stores, Arjay. You will spot them up and down the carretera. Todo Bueno, next to Have Hammers, is on the mountain side of the carrera. You can use google maps if you are new around here.

2 hours ago, gogirl said:

Just a question.

What is an electric throw rug??

It's a soft, plush blanket rather than a rigid electric blanket.  They are very cozy and soft but heat at the same time, with a heat control and auto switch-off.

Archived