Chapala.com Webboard

cloud computer back-up service

Constance

I've used Carbonite for several years and have found it invaluable for the too many times that I've lost files due to computer malfunctions or my own mistakes. It also makes it very easy to transfer files when you replace computers. Yes, depending on the number and size of existing files, the initial backup takes a while - but I can't say if it's any longer than if you were to transfer all files to an external drive. After initial backup, I've found it runs virtually undetectable in the background, and you can schedule backups to occur whenever you want. It's very easy to locate and restore files or to add or delete them from back up.

I have been using Carbonite for years. I've tried other services since and as well as,  just to see which service I liked the best. Carbonite so far is the best, in my opinion. Yes - it takes a long time to upload all your files from here with our miserable upload speeds but once done, they are safe and updated every day without you knowing about it. They can also be accessed on your mobile device and that is extremely convenient if you ever need a particular file and you are away from your computer.  Reasonable price and good response to any issues. I recommend it. 

Archived