Chapala.com Webboard

How often can I leave Mexico with Immigrant Visa Status

mexart

Once you begin the process you are expected to remain in Mexico until you receive your permanente unless you have an emergency, in which case, you must apply and pay for an emergency letter allowing you to leave Mexico for a specific time period without affecting your application in process.

20 minutes ago, Ready Or Not said:

Just wondering why using a lawyer would take more time?

It doesn't.. In fact it takes less time, because they make sure all the documents are in order and are on very friendly terms with the officials at IMN. When I went for my fingerprints last week I went straight to the front of the line.. 

You can do it yourself but it's much less hassle to pay a lawyer to do it for you.. 

6 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

It doesn't.. In fact it takes less time, because they make sure all the documents are in order and are on very friendly terms with the officials at IMN. When I went for my fingerprints last week I went straight to the front of the line.. 

You can do it yourself but it's much less hassle to pay a lawyer to do it for you.. 

If you speak Spanish it´s not a hassle at all.

11 hours ago, mudgirl said:

If you speak Spanish it´s not a hassle at all.

Language is not what makes it a hassle, most of the people speak very good English at IMN.

The hassle comes from finding a parking space, waiting in line, getting the paperwork, going home filling it out, going back finding a parking space, waiting in line again, handing in the paperwork hoping you have done it correctly, going to the bank, coming back with the receipt, waiting in line again.. Waiting and wondering how the process was going and hoping you don't miss the notice about showing up for to get your fingerprints taken.

That was the story told to me by a friend.  I used Verionca who is at LCS Mondays and Tuesday's,  Doing the paperwork in her office took 30mins, met her at IMN for finger prints, because she had signed in for me I was in and out in 15mins, not even enough time for the car washer outside to finish my washing my car..

For me it was money well spent as I have better things to do with my time.

Veronica has an office at LCS on Mondays and Tuesday's. For a fee she will handle all the paperwork for temporary, permenant cards, plus severall others things such as IMMS and SP.

As SOMEONE commented it's not a hassle to do it yourself.  But Veronica makes it very easy, she does all the paperwork, you only have to show up to get your fingerprints taken, then two weeks later to pick up your card.

I realize SOME PEOPLE are on a budget and can't afford to use a facilitator such as Veronica, but in my case it was money well spent.

if anyone chooses to go that route I highly recommend Veronica.

On 11/5/2016 at 0:30 PM, Ready Or Not said:

Just wondering why using a lawyer would take more time?

Rarely would the lawyer go to immigration he same day you visit their office. Rarely will a lawyer set your pick up apt with imigration the day the papers are ready. Lawyers schedule the visits for their convenience.  Lawyers do make errors on paperwork sometimes. I have never waited more than 10 minutes at immigration. If someone wants  pay a lawyer to save a few minutes in line fine, but it won't change the number of days. 

22 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Veronica has an office at LCS on Mondays and Tuesday's. For a fee she will handle all the paperwork for temporary, permenant cards, plus severall others things such as IMMS and SP.

As SOMEONE commented it's not a hassle to do it yourself.  But Veronica makes it very easy, she does all the paperwork, you only have to show up to get your fingerprints taken, then two weeks later to pick up your card.

I realize SOME PEOPLE are on a budget and can't afford to use a facilitator such as Veronica, but in my case it was money well spent.

if anyone chooses to go that route I highly recommend Veronica.

Thank you for this information.  Do you have a number or email for Veronica?  Or a last name perhaps?

Archived