Chapala.com Webboard

What is happening

artsnob

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

Also the house on the corner of Juarez and highway has been cleared..My guess multi units/condo/high rise

Do you mean the big house on the SW corner?

What was so strange was that I heard what sounded like demolition during the night and when I went by this morning, the building was already mostly down. What is even more confusing is why the demolition took place overnight.

2 hours ago, artsnob said:

Practically the whole block across from Brunos has been torn down, Does anyone know what is going to go there...

As in the north side of the carretera?

6 minutes ago, johanson said:

What was so strange was that I heard what sounded like demolition during the night and when I went by this morning, the building was already mostly down. What is even more confusing is why the demolition took place overnight.

Things that happen at night usually have to do with lack of permits. The rule of thumb for most everything in Mexico is that it is easier to beg forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Just how it is.

9 minutes ago, johanson said:

That was what I was hinting at, or guessing happened Pappysmarket

Jaja Pete, so you really weren't all that confused. Best regards.

38 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

If memory serves, the next property to the west of the green mansion would be the bungalows. Any indication of anything going on there?

No nothing.  Construction is just starting at the Green Mansion site but it's too early to tell what it might be.  I had heard, some time back, that the Tapatio who owns the site, and who put up the large banner urging Americans to vote for Hillary and support Mexico, was going to build offices but one does wonder how many offices would be needed here.

1 hour ago, Travis said:

This thread already needs a do-over...:blink:

You're absolutely right, Travis.  People are talking about two different locations in the same thread.  The Green Mansion was torn down a few months ago, and it is on the SOUTH-WEST corner of Juarez and the carreterra.  The other one was just torn down last night, and it's where Cheli's used to be, on the north side of the carreterra.

3 hours ago, Travis said:

This thread already needs a do-over...:blink:

Hitch up one of those golf carts, take pictures, post them and we'll all be able to make our own amateur guesses.

1 hour ago, pappysmarket said:

Hitch up one of those golf carts, take pictures, post them and we'll all be able to make our own amateur guesses.

Nahhh. Why would I do that? (All the carts are rented anyway.) Besides, it's more fun reading the wild speculation and confused conversation about the location. :lol:

HINT: Read the first ten words of the original post.

Archived