Chapala.com Webboard

Thinking about solar . . .

J.Miller

I know that this has been covered before but I would like some updated information on the pros and cons of going solar.  I would like the names of the best companies to deal with either here or in Guadalajara (if they would consider installation Lakeside) and it would be nice to hear the good, the bad and the ugly of your experience with Solar and solar companies. 

All I can tell you is that we have never, for one moment, regretted installing solar 3 years ago.  I still do a happy dance when the bills come in.  E2Energias, now SmartPV, did our installation and there have been no problems.  I can send you the email address of the local rep. if you want it.

Thanks all and yes, Bournemouth,  I would like the e-mail address of  E2Energias, now SmartPV.  I would like to gather a few facts and estimates before making any decisions and although cost is a consideration, quality of installation and guarantees are an extreme consideration.

18 minutes ago, J.Miller said:

Thanks all and yes, Bournemouth,  I would like the e-mail address of  E2Energias, now SmartPV.  I would like to gather a few facts and estimates before making any decisions and although cost is a consideration, quality of installation and guarantees are an extreme consideration.

Sent you a p.m.

We have both solar water and solar electric.  We've had solar water for 5 years and it paid for itself in the first year.  We only fill our propane once a year now instead of every three months.  The solar electric we did through STI.  We have 2 solar panels connected to a microinverter system that was a fraction of the cost of other systems and it cut our electric bill in half and keeps us well below the DAC and it's easily expandable if our usage should go up.  Solar Technology (STI) did an excellent job of instillation and we've never had any issues.  Just depend on what your needs are.

Their local rep is Ron Magen and his email is ron@solartechnology.com.mx

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bradshoe said:

We have both solar water and solar electric.  We've had solar water for 5 years and it paid for itself in the first year.  We only fill our propane once a year now instead of every three months.  The solar electric we did through STI.  We have 2 solar panels connected to a microinverter system that was a fraction of the cost of other systems and it cut our electric bill in half and keeps us well below the DAC and it's easily expandable if our usage should go up.  Solar Technology (STI) did an excellent job of instillation and we've never had any issues.  Just depend on what your needs are.

Their local rep is Ron Magen and his email is ron@solartechnology.com.mx

I have been relying on Ron Magen (STI) for a few years now - first for solar hot water and now for solar electric. I cannot praise him enough!! Absolutely Amazing customer service, backup, care, immediate attention to any problems and his guarantee is totally honoured. The condo association where I have my home also found him to be the best, as far as price and reputation, and entrusted our overall solar electric to him. I heartily recommend him.    

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, J.Miller said:

Thank you everyone; you have all been very helpful.  Can anyone tell me how long installation takes?  Not that it is important, I am just curious from first contact to finished product was it days or weeks?

Days  - or maybe it was one week  ----- faster than I could have expected, in any case