Chapala.com Webboard

Intermittent streaming

una

Having problems with streaming US content (Amazon video, PBS, Acorn TV) - no problem with USTVnow or Netflix.  We're using a separate router, set up with US IP addresses(per unblock-us), but cannot reliably stream content; sometimes possible, but usually not.  In previous visits to the area, we've used the same setup with no problems (other than the normal lags in available speed.)  We are in the village and are using TelMex DSL this time, but don't think this is the problem - download speeds are regularly 8 to10Mbps.  Resets of the modem, router, ROKU box don't solve the problem.  Looking for a tech person to consult onsite.  Recommendations, please.

Are you looking for Wi Fi? That might require an additional router, a premium router, attached to the Telmex router. Your download speeds are certainly good enough (I am envious). I am not a tech person as far as going out. But this might be a clue, as I am currently setting a Wi Fi media server, another thread, and many comment they have to upgrade to a second router, especially for streaming over Wi Fi. You are still stuck with the Telmex though. You will probably have to get someone in who knows how to program the routers to their max potential and still ensure your privacy.

Archived