Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon USA and Amazon Mexico

jaykay

Could I get an update on how deliveries from USA Amazon and/or Amazon Mexico are going.  How are delivery times and how often does the package not get here.  Stuff like that.  Like most of you, sometimes it's hard to find someone to bring things down.  What shippers are you all using?  All info appreciated.  Most of the things I want from North of the border aren't expensive.  They are just not here.

We have great luck with Amazon USA. Items arrive within 10 days. The driver is great.  Books, clothes, iPad keyboard, special office supplies, etc.. love it!  Carol

I recently ordered four items from Amazon U. S. to be sent to my Ajijic home address. One item arrived promptly. The other three items were somehow mis-addressed and DHL was attempting to deliver them in Guadalajara using my Ajijic address. After calling the DHL Mexican office ( they have an English speaking agent ) and contacting the DHL office here, I finally got my items. 

I wrote a short note to Amazon ( using their site format ) asking why 3 of my 4 ordered items were wrongly addressed to Guadalajara and not Ajijic. They apologized with no explanation and sent an additionally 3 items to my Ajijic address at no cost to me. I don't know who messed up, but Amazon's " we are sorry " policy sure is nice.

I order from Amazon USA all the time. Have it shipped to Sol y Luna directly...not via Laredo. Never a problem. Arrives in 4-5 days. If you don't have an account at Sol y Luna they only charge 40p to have it delivered there. Only problem I ever had was my very first shipment which ended up with the Mexican postal system and was to be delivered to my house. Now they use DHL

8 minutes ago, catbird said:

I've had many deliveries to my house with no problems. Usually it arrives earlier than predicted. Also, what I like is you can track the package and get email notices telling you when it's "out for delivery".

Same experience here with Amazon USA.  Once it arrives in Guadalajara, it usually arrives at our door a little after 2:40 pm.  Haven't ordered from Amazon Mexico.

To clarify, I have it shipped directly to the office here, not via Laredo. I have received the packages in less than a week. One of them originated in CA, went to Ohio then Guadalajara. All in 6 days!

2 hours ago, Al Berca said:

Since discovering Amazon, I have become addicted. 14 orders in six months! Starting to feel like I need  a 12 step Amazon withdrawal program.  

Not sure how many orders as we use a mail aggregator service in Houston but 42 items in the last 6 months. I need to join that same group.

When we get at least 10 pounds of orders we have Estafeta US send it to our house. They charge $4.50 a pound with a 10 pound minimum. Delivered here in PV all taxes and Customs fees included. They have never rejected any item.

Thanks folks.  I was surprised not to read some horror stories.  I like the ishop option.  The manager lives next door to me.  I think I'll take the plunge.  When still in the states, I was very pleased with Amazon.  Errors were few and quickly adjusted.

Archived