Chapala.com Webboard

iPad problem

I have the twelve-/inch iPad and have found it to be nothing but trouble, odd since my previous iPad and two iPhones have been flawless. The chief problem is that I am visually impaired, PC for  half/blind, and need the magnifier. Frequently the screen freezes up and will not magnify. If I wait fifteen or twenty seconds often it will again work. At other times the screen does not freeze but the magnifier does not work. This and similar problems makes a large investment nearly worthless. Does anyone know about this?

I bought the thing at Apple in Guad, it did the same things, I took it back under warranty and they gave me what was obviously not a new iPad but a different one, and it is doing the same things. 

I communicated with Bob Mitchell who suggested a workaround that sometimes helps but usually does not.

Thanks.

Do you clear your apps and programs regularly? I have to do it 3 or 4 times a day or my iPad freezes also. You need to press the big button twice quickly and you will see all the screens you have previously looked at.Swipe up quickly on each page to delete them. They are open apps and pages still working which I find slow down my iPad.

Thank you Joyfull!

I watched the lady at the Telcel store do that to my iPhone but it happened so quickly and I didn't have time to ask for a further explanation. I was going to ask the next time I was in there but now, with your help, I don't need to.

I love my iPhone and I (sort of like) my hubby's iPad but I gotta admit that I've been a windows girl for a very long time. Every time I want help with either the iphone or the ipad, I use my android laptop to find the answers. Go figure. And just why doesn't Apple close a program down when you think you have? DUH!

13 hours ago, Ferret said:

Thank you Joyfull!

I watched the lady at the Telcel store do that to my iPhone but it happened so quickly and I didn't have time to ask for a further explanation. I was going to ask the next time I was in there but now, with your help, I don't need to.

I love my iPhone and I (sort of like) my hubby's iPad but I gotta admit that I've been a windows girl for a very long time. Every time I want help with either the iphone or the ipad, I use my android laptop to find the answers. Go figure. And just why doesn't Apple close a program down when you think you have? DUH!

Did closing the programs this way help?

Apps are not programs, like on Windows or the Mac, and they are expected to run indefinitely in the background for a variety of reasons. However, as "non" programs, they are also susceptible to memory problems and meltdowns. There are apps available on both platforms to close down these things... but I find they are more trouble than they are worth. Some Android devices have a workable Close App app built in. I have a USA Today app on my Samsung tablet that is called, as we say in the computer world, a "pig" as it hogs all resources and often crashes, causing problems for every other program, and slowdowns throughout. I have to use the Close App every time I use the USA Today app.

Archived