Chapala.com Webboard

Help Mexicans Help Find the Poisoner

Today I talked to several Mexicans I know -- three stall owners in tianguis, a farmacia employee,  butcher shop staff, and a specialty store owner and staff. MOST (not all) knew of the poisonings. NONE knew about the reward!!  (Now up to $15,000 pesos, I am told) SO.......

(1) Please tell you maids, gardeners, and other Mexican workers to tell their families, neighbors, and friends.

(2) Talk about it in any business where you can make yourself understood.

(3) Let them know a foreigner might be the suspect (some might otherwise hesitate to draw a bead on an outsider).

(4) Let them know they can get in touch with the Delegado in Ajijic (Chuni) cell 331-064-0814 if they see/know anything.

(5) TELL THEM THERE IS A REWARD OF $15,O000 PESOS (at time of writing).

REWARD is the thing that will make many pay attention where they otherwise might not have wanted to get involved. Mexicans see and hear what's going around in their barrios and locales. Tell them to tell everyone they know, and give them the incentive to pay even more attention.  Mexicans have lost pets to this monster as well as foreigners, so add a little fuel to the fire and watch them go to work!

************************************************************************************************************************************************

SPANISH for those who cannot speak to maids/gardeners/neighbors/ etc. 

Hay alguien que está poniendo veneno muy fuerte, mezclado con carne,  que mata a los animales con mucho rapidez.  Ha estado encontrado en lugares como el malecon, la plaza, y algunas calles etc. Ya más de 15-20 perros (y algunos gatos) son muertes. (¿ y cuantos otros animales y especies?) En caso de ver alguien / algo sospechoso, favor de reportarlo al Delegado Chuni (Ajijic) cell 331-064-0814.  RECOMPENSA DE 15,000 MN en caso de identificar esta persona malisima (podría ser extranjero).

Tambien, hay que ascertar que sus propias mascotas (perros y gatos) NUNCA salen de la calle, y cuando sus perros salen, deben estar por correa y en su control.... nunca poniendo la boca ni la nariz cerca de la tierra (en caso de ser algo peligroso allí).

Translation:  There is somebody putting out strong poison, mixed with meat, that kills animals very quickly. It has been found in places like the malecon, the plaza, and various streets., etc. Already more than 15-20 dogs (and some cats) are dead. (and how many other animals, species?) In case you see someone/something suspicious, please report it to Delegado Chuni (AJijic) cell 331-064-0814. REWARD OF 15,000 PESOS if you can identify this extremely bad person (could be a foreigner).

Also, you should be sure your own pets (dogs and cats) NEVER go out into the street, and when your dogs go, they should be on leash and    under your control....never  putting their mouth or their nose close to the ground ( in case there is something dangerous there.)

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

PRINT this by machine or by hand (cursive or script writing has not been taught in Mexican schools for a long time, and  many cannot read it).

REMEMBER -- THE REWARD IS WHAT WILL GET RESULTS!!!

Guest bennie2

my feeling is that its a mexican. looks like another drama witch hunt for an expat. you already put that in their heads. if its a mexican or a group of them, no one will tell you. now anyone can attempt to indict their neighbor? he said he saw she saw? this will come back to you & it wont be pretty.

Bennie2--One simple reason I doubt that the poisoner is Mexican is the cost of poison and meat to mix it with.

A few years ago, the poisoner of a number of dogs was a foreigner. He was found out. He left town before he could be arrested.

Why would you think this is a witch hunt? Our pets along with homeless dogs are being killed. We're upset and angry. Some of us take much joy in animals, dogs and cats especially, and we want the wacko caught.

Lexy

Guest bennie2

ok, so lets assume its the foreigner(s). then you know who to look for, correct? by posting a reward you have set it up for false accusations. the words "MAY be" will be forgotton. if you listen to US mainstream media, everything is misquoted & becomes reality. now you depend upon a subtle "may be" interjected into the sentence. if a mexican wants an award they can make problems for expats. an expat who hates thier neighbor can tell several mexicans who they think the poisoner is. you should have said "this must be recording on a cell phone, or a photo". the way you phrased it, leaves it wide open. in mexico the person has to be caught while doing the crime. maybe the cellphone can be used in this case.

Why is it that people believe that a mexican national could not afford meat or poison?  Just like the expat community there is a wide range of income levels within the local community.  Ruling anyone out is shortsighted.

Guest bennie2

agree, expats think all mexicans are very poor. (un educated, no language skills). they have stated that an expat did the poisoning last time. they need to find out if any mexican has dont this in the past not to rule it out. im not 100% sure its a retiree foreigner.

Natasha,

Thank you for sharing with the community.

This may be a good time to remind people that speculation is not what the pet poisoning information posts are about.

These posts are the result of much hard work, and the poster is kind enough to update us.

Many whom have stated their dislike for dogs/cats, are often tempted to speculate,

even in such grave circumstances.  

Certainly, everyone has something better to do with their time.  

6 hours ago, solajijic said:

Why is it that people believe that a mexican national could not afford meat or poison?  Just like the expat community there is a wide range of income levels within the local community.  Ruling anyone out is shortsighted.

I did not rule out the possibility that the poisoner was Mexican; I said I thought it was unlikely given the makeup of our Mexican community. The community we live in has poor Mexicans, more than any other kind. The expat community lives on a range of incomes. i know them, I live among them, just like you. If you feel strongly that it can be a Mexican who is poisoning dogs, go right ahead. I stated why I didn't think so. Bennie2 feels it's a Mexican without saying why.

Mexico is a poor country filled with poor people. It's perfectly reasonable to think the very poor ones are more interested in feeding themselves than buying poison and meat to kill dogs. The Mex govt. itself reports (in 2015) that 46 per cent of their people live in poverty.  Nothing like us expats living on a retirement income of some kind, at the very least. However, who knows, it could be a well-off Mexican who for some reason is driven to poison dogs. Does that work for you?

Lexy

There's not much point in speculating nationality. Mexican or not Mexican this person is a damaged disgusting prick that needs to be found and stopped. 

I think it would be a good idea to put mass posters around ajijic in Spanish and English informing ppl of the crime and the reward for anyone showing PROOF in helping catch this prick. 

Today about 1:30 pm there was a dead terrier type dog at the mountain side of the street at the corner of Colon and the carretera.  It had blood that had come out of it's mouth and I was in my car in traffic so couldn't stop...couldn't tell if it had been hit or poisoned.  So sad...very pretty dog, looked well cared for.

I do not know much about poison but my dog did not bleed from the mouth when she was poisoned..

Yes the largest purchasers of rat poison are the Mexicans but the nationality is irrelevant in this case, we all need to keep our eyes open for anyone who looks suspicious.. The problem is proof.  unless you take a picture of someone feeding a dog or throwing hot dog, call the police and have the meat anlyse how do you prove that person is guilty? 

Archived