Chapala.com Webboard

WARNING! La Floresta guard saw 4 dogs poisoned on Revolution

Today while walking my dog in La Floresta, I spoke to the guard at the gate.  He told me that on his patrol today he found 4 dogs poisoned at the bottom of Revolution and the lake.  This is not stopping.  I encourage all of the people who have had their dogs poisoned to come to LCS on Wednesday at noon to file a report.  I have invited the journalist from Semanario Laguna, who will continue to write about this to raise awareness in the community and to pressure the authorities to be hyper-vigilant and pro-active.

This is disgusting and scary.  I'm almost afraid to walk my dog anywhere.  All it takes is a second or two of a dog owner being distracted, and most dogs can already have something in their mouths and swallowed.  Whoever is doing this is one depraved, angry, self-centered and sick CREEP.  I sure hope it doesn't continue for very much longer.

Best choice for safety, and are exercise workout/pant friendly, are lightweight muzzles.  Those were mentioned elsewhere on Harry's thread.  I simply place the muzzle on when I want a break from being in surveillance mode, but most leave it on all the time.

I personally know of a good 10 dogs which have been happily muzzle trained, and more have said they have the lightweight muzzles on order.  

I thought it would be difficult to condition an 5 year old dog to accept it, but it was a breeze.

9 hours ago, Yo1 said:

I would simply quit walking my dog.  Or take my dogs out in the country and let them run on a dirt road.  Why would anyone want to walk their dog where poisonings have occurred?

I know some people who are afraid to walk their dogs where there are milpas (corn patches) on the mountain side as they say poison is put out there to kill rats.

Those of us who have Brachycephalic (flat faced) dogs don't have the safety of a muzzle. We love taking our two into the village and Malecon for walks. However, they will be staying close to home and very specific  outings where we know they will be safe for the time being.

Hope they catch this person soon. However, it may be in this persons best interest to leave the area first before anyone finds out who they are.

I spoke with Rafa Aguilar (Ecología) this morning and he and his people have been walking and patrolling the La Floresta area.  They spotted a man (foreigner), more or less 55 years old, with a receeding hairline and a black backpack.  He followed him discretely but was unable to determine if he is the culprit. I am sharing this at his request and to let people be aware in this area of anyone acting suspicious.  It´s hard to know, but the more we are aware, the better chance we have.

On 10/23/2016 at 8:14 PM, kbleitch said:

Any idea from the security guy whether they called police? This is very near our home.

Can you come to lcs at noon on Wednesday to tell the director of ecology where you found the suspect meat? He is making a map and needs information. Thnx

It appears to me the current dog poisoner is more clever than previous ones.  He/she could well be going out in the middle of the night or very early in the morning and varying routes.  Could even be driving around and throwing it out the window.  Very hard to catch.

Also, given the incidences on the west side it wouldn't surprise me if we are dealing with more than one perp.

I have searched my records but do not have the name of the Canadian from BC who was caught about 4 years ago. There is a chance he is back . If we give his mane to the Director of Ecology they can see if he is back in this country.  The poison was similar.

The previous guy used wafarin in hot dogs. It did if you got the dog to the vet immediately allow you the chance to save the dog.

We saved my schnauzer. But with strychnine there is no chance. Mine are out in their basket muzzles. You can get them from Amazon, delivered here.

I just talked to Rafa Aguilar from the Ecology deptarment. He came to my house with his assistant before going out to patrol the areas affected to look for suspicious individuals.  There was a bag of  chicken parts found today on the bicycle path by Superlake and reported to the police and another confirmed poisoning of a pitbull on the lake; at present he is under the vet´s care, with little hope of survival.

Tomorrow those who have had their dogs poisoned will (PLEASE) go to Lcs to file a report with Ministerio Publico.  Rafa tells me that he will get other people (firemen, police, traffic, delegado, etc) to come to get and give ideas on how to catch this guy.

Thanks all of you who have contributed to the reward and who are watching and reporting any suspicious activity.

Archived