Chapala.com Webboard

Vetting Contractors

CHILLIN

Another burglary in our tiny community. One house is under renovation, a many month process - it seems mighty coincidental that these break ins occur when the contractor, known for his frugal ways, uses outside labourers. I have said before, I believe that many of these workers sleep rough in the woods, and only return home for the weekend, paid in cash, no benefits. I think it is a very good idea that you let your contractor know that no worker will be allowed on your property until the contractor has a photocopy of their voting card and a criminal background check, matching that name. Not much of an expense for the contractor or workers at all. This is how criminals disappear in this country, new fake name (but no voter card), paid in cash. Please insist on this for your own safety and safety of your neighbours.

I use Gustavo( 333-157-3048 )for all construction on my property from small jobs to big going on 4 years it is the same guys that have worked for him Different guys for different jobs but the same group of men all polite honest nice people. 

Archived