Chapala.com Webboard

zumba classes

virgogirl

Does anyone know where Zumba classes are held. I thought they were on the plaza in the cultural center of Ajijic but I was mistaken. If anyone knows of classes in Chapala/Ajijic I'd be glad to know. TIA

Zumba classes are held at Vista Alegre every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 10am.  Fee on Tuesday and Thursday is $30 pesos and Saturday's fee is $35 pesos.  Vista Alegre is located on the Libramiento across from TioSams. Just tell the guard you are going to the Zumba class in the clubhouse.

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2016 at 8:30 AM, bmw1150rt said:

Zumba classes are held at Vista Alegre every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 10am.  Fee on Tuesday and Thursday is $30 pesos and Saturday's fee is $35 pesos.  Vista Alegre is located on the Libramiento across from TioSams. Just tell the guard you are going to the Zumba class in the clubhouse.

Zumba available in the area?  Found the older info above and a post about Zumba on the Ajijic malecon.  Also some older posts about Zumba at Plaza Bougambilias.  Does anybody have up-to-date details (locations, days, times), or can you verify that above info is still right?  Thanks in Advance!   :)

The Zumba classes at Vista Alegre across from Tio Sam's have been changed to 9:30am. I go on Saturday. Alexandra is an excellent instructor and she has a studio and business in Ajijic on Juarez, mountain side upstairs. You could go over there and check it out on Mondays, Weds. and Fridays 8:30am and after that she does another type of workout class.

Does anyone knbow if the classes on the Ajijic malecon at 8:15 are still happening? 

Thanks, Virgogirl, for your reply.  What is the level of intensity of the Zumba at Vista Alegre, say on a 1-to-10 basis?  Not sure I'm up to this!  :unsure:

I've been in Alex's (Alejandra's) classes before. They are not super intense; compared to some others I've been to here and in the States, I'd say they're in the 6-8 range. You can always modify what you do to either ramp it up for even more cardio and calorie burning or you can crank it down some, too. For instance, my one knee doesn't care for twisting moves nor jumping, so I don't. 

Yes, I agree with kbleitch. Classes are moderate pace, there are mini breaks, and there are many ages and fitness levels and plenty of space so you can easily modify to your liking. It is also a nice atmosphere and a friendly group.

23 hours ago, virgogirl said:

The Zumba classes at Vista Alegre across from Tio Sam's have been changed to 9:30am. I go on Saturday. Alexandra is an excellent instructor and she has a studio and business in Ajijic on Juarez, mountain side upstairs. You could go over there and check it out on Mondays, Weds. and Fridays 8:30am and after that she does another type of workout class.

Does anyone knbow if the classes on the Ajijic malecon at 8:15 are still happening? 

They certainly are, and they serve as our alarm clock every time they meet! ?

Archived