Chapala.com Webboard

Auto Insurance for Mexico

RCman

When my wife and I return to Ajijic after flying home again for Christmas this December, we have decided we will bring our car. We used to use Lewis & Lewis out of San Francisco, with great coverage but are told they no longer offer this service here. Looking for suggestions of a local source for insuring a Canadian vehicle. We know about Parker Ins and will get a quote from them but would like alternative choices to compare coverage and pricing. Suggestions would be appreciated.. PS: we are well aware of the six month maximum for a NA plated vehicle to be in Mexico. 

Google "car insurance mexico" and up will come many online ways of buying car insurance.  Don't know if your Canadian plates will make a difference from US plates when it comes to insurance, but I don't think so.  Many of these online places offer Qualitis and there is a Qualitis office in Chapala close to the 7-11.  I believe Lewis & Lewis still sell insurance.  You might google them too.

We have auto ins. in Mexico with Qualitas Ins. the largest auto insurer in Mexico. We have "called in" an accident claim to them and the response very prompt. Agent on the scene in 25 minutes. Very pleased with the outcome. You can purchase Qualitas insurance through Bellon Ins. locally or through Lewis and Lewis

17 hours ago, sm1mex said:

Bellon Insurance.  Best quotes, best customer service.  Andre Bellon Agent.  Across from Superlake at the red light, mountain side.  766-5151.  He is available 24/7.

I second Bellon; their customer service is wonderful.

16 hours ago, lumieretoo said:

Just renewed with Lewis & Lewis. No problem. Downloaded and printed policy.

Folks have Canadian vehicle not USA.  Advantage of Lewis and Lewis is policy is in both languages and the web site is easy to understand what you are buying.  Qualitas was the underwriter when I used L& L  years ago.  

51 minutes ago, lcscats said:

Folks have Canadian vehicle not USA.  Advantage of Lewis and Lewis is policy is in both languages and the web site is easy to understand what you are buying.  Qualitas was the underwriter when I used L& L  years ago.  

NO it is US Plated!

Archived