Chapala.com Webboard

Joco Gal

I'm hoping some of you vegetable gardeners or saavy shoppers can help me. I love to can and pickle but can't find the dill required and I am REALLY missing my home made garlic dill pickles. The price in SuperLake is awful for an inferior product. Does anyone living lakeside miss the super homemade pickled beets, chutney, dills and jam? I would like to know if I would have a market for the fore-mentioned items plus absolutely great "magicbags" for the microwave or freezer (neck pains, cramps, stomach ache, etc.) plus the best hand-knit cotton dish cloths. Sorry this turned into an "ad" when I was really looking for dill!

I freeze parsley and cilantro.  If I were freezing dill, I would use the same method.  Wash the herb. Roll in a cotton cloth. Run cold water over it, then squeeze out all the water.  When you open the cloth, it will be dry.  Place in freezer bags and you're done.  I learned this method from a chef.

6 hours ago, Yo1 said:

I have a friend that likes to make garlic dill pickles almost every month.  When the dill is available she buys a lot and freezes it in small batches.  Frozen dill works fine for pickles.

oh that is great--had no idea that you could freeze fresh dill.

Archived