Chapala.com Webboard

Bob Dylan Wins Nobel prize for literature

Semalu

A well deserved honor. He writes poetry that speaks to everyone and was smart enough to put it to music. Here is a good summary of his work.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/bob-dylan-lyrics-nobel-prize-literature-1.3802933?cmp=rss

Congratulations Bob, (BTW Ms. Meade in Montreal is still waiting for you to pay her back.... but something tells me her rights to the story may be priceless).

Been listening to him on youtube all afternoon. 

The Times They Are a Changin'... just as relevant today. Timeless. One of the first songs I learned on guitar. Must see if can still play it.

The Nobel prize committee seems to be re-inventing themselves as markers of fundamentals shifts (in time, thought, philosophy etc). I had nothing to do with the shift that Dillon and many like him helped to create, but I am certainly a product of that shift. For good or for ill, I thank them.

PS: It was CAD$20, or twenty bucks...

Guest bennie2

how come if i make an annoucement its sometimes off topic? i fail to see a connection here except if there was a local concert. once an american moviestar died & there were many comments. how do we figure out the "forum rules"? who makes that choice? you? just saying. btw, for me this is not world news.

If i see somethiong on the web board i don't like bennie, i go do my embroidery, play my guitar or read a tom robbins novel. is that mexico? ya, the song is mexican, the embroiudery is from my lessons at LCS and the book is from the american legion library. get a life, bennie.

Forever Young.  Is there a sweeter song of blessing in this whole wide world?

Hard Rain`s Gonna Fall.  Homer`s tales have a little bit of a roof over this song, but not much.

Man Gave Names to All the Animals. Can you name a sweeter song for the wee ones?

OK, Blowin` in the Wind. End of story.

Archived