Chapala.com Webboard

Brucellosis

cedros

Cedros, hope you are getting the care you need. Thanks for the informative article. I had never heard of that and think I'll heed all warnings related to raw cheeses and rare meats. I know alot of rememdies for dengue. Some people are offended by remedies but if you are interested PM me. 

It used to be common in France in my mother´s day, no more since all animals are vaccinated now so we can enjoy the raw milk and cheese there but it used to be called Malta Fever in France and it was common. It is not uncommon here.

Take care of yourself Cedros it sounds like you really got unlucky. I think I got mine from yogurt or cheese made with unpasteurized milk but who knows..

22 hours ago, Rusty Guy said:

Yes!  Myself and 2 other friends.  Two of us have recovered but the other is still being treated after two years of onset. 

Please avoid red (undercooked) meat and local homemade cheese.

Costco beef comes from the USA and is safe.

2 years!!!!!

I want to thank you again, Cedros. I am a health nut, yet I still sometimes buy street food, probably raw cheeses.  Will check for pasteurization now. I am going to ensure I am not getting into this food anymore.  Beef which I eat infrequently is always  well-done. I wish you well and hope you can recover fully.Think I'll review the link you posted.

If you know a lot of remedies for the dengue you should publish a book or give classes because most doctors do not have a whole lot of remedies for it. Some people get it and it really wipes them out some others get it only lightly, it seems that everyone is different..

Until I did some reading I had no idea how uncommon Brucellosis is. Only 100 cases in the US per year. So where are people here getting it from? Does anyone have specific ideas? Those roadside places where you can drink milk (mixed with some alcohol-El Pajarete) fresh from the cow? Products at the tianguis? It sounds like it is very difficult to get rid of.

Yes cedros, unpasteurized milk and cheese. 

My son had it and he recovered fine.  He also had typhoid and recovered fine.  Cannot imagine 2 years to recover unless you have something else brewing. 

I have had dengue and it is lousy, but in a few weeks I was okay.  There are 5 different types I believe it is. 

BMH- Here are the remedies I know for dengue. I hesitate to post them because there someone out there gonna launch an attack accusing me of playing doctor. I've studied herbal medicine all my life. No expert, but I can cure alot of things myself, and go to alternative practitioners when needed. Here's what I keep in case of sudden dengue. The thing is, I feel if you let anything take hold, it will only worsen. So you have to be on it right away. No one who gets the sudden onset that dengue is will be out poking around for remedies. So I have a "kit". First I'd get the blood test to confirm the disease.

1. Goldenseal - Not imported into mexico. I brought tincture and capsules from the states. May be able to order online. Said to remove symptoms in one day if used immediately. it is drying. drink plenty of water.

2. Barley grass tablets. Increases red platelets to prevent hemorrhagic experiences.

3. Neem leaf tea. I bought the capsules. Can empty a capsule and make tea.

4. Basil leaves. I am Italian. There's basil on the porch and pesto in the fridge.

5. Fenugreek leaves. I found a product here. Searching for a better one though.

If you have dengue live on the following foods and drinks.: coconut water, ginger water, veggie juice preferably homemade, but V-8 might suffice, fresh fruit juices, pomegranate juice, coriander, Tulsi (holy basil), fresh garlic (most tablets are not powerful enough to be worthy (i use mini food processor to chop, put in glass jar, take daily with a little yogurt for carrier).

Best oils for preventing mosquitos to land on you: Lemon Eucalypti, Lavendar, Neem, Cinnamon. I've used clove as well. I have a stairway to my apt. This I spray with deet if they are hanging out so they don't get in my house.  

Papaya leaf: youtube video can be googled for this prep. Remove veins of leaf, food process, strain, drink. in general.Must be fresh leaf.

This is what I know from my own research. have NOT contracted it. Hope I don't. NEVER TAKE ASPIRIN OR ANY NSAID. Blood thinners are no good if you are suffering dengue and may lead to hemorrhaging

Thanks for not attacking me for posting this as some did ask for it..

I was talking with a friend of mine just yesterday; he was born in Mexico of American parents and has lived here all his life.  He got brucellosis a few years ago.  There are several strains and he tested negative for the 4 most common ones.  Eventually he tested positive for an odd-ball strain.  He had to endure 5 days in hospital with an IV drip then another week at home with a nurse coming in twice a day to give him slow injections that took about an hour.  Eventually he was cured.  He said that in Mexico, if Mexican made cheese is NOT pasteurized many times there will be no label of such.  But if it IS pasteurized there must be a label stating that.  He was surprised that he had been eating Corona brand cheese and it is NOT made with pasteurized milk.  I don't know if this is true or not--only what he told me.  I don't eat much cheese so no problem for me, but be very careful about farm cheese in the tianguis.  Always ask and hopefully you can trust your cheese seller.  And with Mexican packaged cheese in the store--who knows.

I cut way back on cheese since moving from Wisconsin after 40 years. moo. But still love it, just been unaware of this issue that even packaged cheese in store my be unpasteurized. I had been buying yogurt from the Cremeria in Chapala on prinicpal calle. Does anyone know if it is patuerized? Also buy Smitty's in Ajijic. Is it patuerized. Those product sure are good, but willing to give up if necessary. 

I caught it in 2012 and am still doing battle with it. I am currently having IV antibiotics to try to end the nightmare. I have the one from cattle . They don't  have cases in the  US because the law requires all cattle be vaccinated and Mexico is just beginning to vaccinate. It can continue to reactivate  after orginal treatment with about 30% of people and I am one of them. It  has been four years.

Archived