Chapala.com Webboard

Best Buy

desertdave

The first type you boot up your computer you are given a language option. Just make sure you choose English and all will be well. At worst you may have to get used to a new keyboard configuration that includes Symbols and accents, actually a convenience once you get used to it.

Unless you are a fast touch technical  typer.  I respectfully disagree.  For example as a english touch typer I expect  ; to be under my right little pinky and its not on a spanish keyboard.  Other keys above the numbers are different also compared to a standard USA keyboard.  While you can adjust the language  I can type much faster on a USA keyboard.  Now if you are learning spanish I compeletly agreee with Semalu.  

I have not seen English language PCs, or laptops, at Bestbuy or any other store in Guadalajara. Dell Mexico sometimes offers them, and I have heard of the odd person getting a laptop in English.

The only thing you can select during the setup process with a new PC is localization, which affects how money and dates are displayed, and a few other things... not the overall language.

Unfortunately, there is no option to select English when setting up a Windows computer for the first time. In fact, most of them have installed what they call a "single language" version of Windows, which means you cannot change it to another language without a complete reinstallation, using a different MS license. However, if you have the higher-end versions (Ultimate, etc.), you can download an OS language update, and install that.

Again, unless you can find an all-English laptop, no laptops come with English keyboards. You can buy an external English keyboard (when they can be found) and hook it up, but then that kind of obviates the advantages of a laptop.

Since I have no idea about the complexities involved in the import/export aspect, the following may not be a great idea, but as someone who built all his own desktops starting with 286s in the '80s, I now run four networked laptops driving large HDTVs from one wireless keyboard with touchpad,  Most folks don't need so much excitement in their lives, but these laptops are older Dell Latitudes purchased in California through Ebay for between US$200-275 delivered with a licensed fresh install of Windows 7 or 10, and of course English keyboards. These Latitudes are built like tanks with alloy bodies, thus not as portable as a tablet, and the last one I ordered was Ivy Bridge w/ 16 GB dram @ $275 and all the standard ports.  Never had a problem with any of them.  The combined horsepower of the network just equals that of the absolute top Intel desktop (not Xeon) CPU currently offered, but affords much better heat management and vast screen space.  

Archived