Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

OK, What is this Sam's Club rumor all about?


Mainecoons
 Share

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

And where did you get that information... or is that another typo.

 

Many, many people are saying. The only time I ever had a food allergy in my life was after eating KFC spicy, with nuclear coleslaw in Puerto Vallarta. A night in hospital, $150 U.S. later. Apparently KFC has cut down their MSG, but they use MSG "enhancers" to compensate. Most of these enhancers are not approved for human consumption. Is it true, I don't know, but many people are saying, many people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest bennie2

another low end uglymall except the starbucks. a "drive thru" starbucks? i digress on that one. there will be othermalls , maybe smaller in scale. greasy spoon fast food places. never tried the food, too ugly & smelly. by the looks of the clientele ill pass for that alone. i may be the only pedestrian who hasnt ever dined on fastfood. neither have my parents. there are 2 other nursries in town. perhaps the developers will buy that land as well for parking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see Mickey D's is opening right in Vatican City so probably soon in Lakeside.

Several very upset Cardinals but the Church will receive 30,000 euros per month. It works the same everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are right not a need for me as I drive to Guadalajara and have a US mule but for many others with limited income might be a need??  I do agree interesting though. 

Need : fix the roads about town instead of revamping plazas which residents do not want revamped anyway..lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:28 PM, Mainecoons said:

Agree but unfortunately the Tapatios really seem to like those places.  The U.S. franchises are popping up like mushrooms in GDL.

Hate to see the nursery go, it was the only green and inviting thing left at that intersection.

And the best nursery around for a long time.  But now the nursery behind Superlake is as good or better. Sorry for the digression.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2016 at 2:23 PM, CHILLIN said:

 

Many, many people are saying. The only time I ever had a food allergy in my life was after eating KFC spicy, with nuclear coleslaw in Puerto Vallarta. A night in hospital, $150 U.S. later. Apparently KFC has cut down their MSG, but they use MSG "enhancers" to compensate. Most of these enhancers are not approved for human consumption. Is it true, I don't know, but many people are saying, many people.

Can't imagine why anybody would want to eat KFC products, there are so many better options around here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, joco69 said:

Can't imagine why anybody would want to eat KFC products, there are so many better options around here.

I doubt that anyone will ever run the "Dusty Chicken" out of business.

I would kill for a real 24/7/365 Waffle House (not like the one here)  Been trying to get someone to bring one south for years with no luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest bennie2

no one "needs" a costco. there is already one big monster store on that street. then the one in chapala if you like that kind of thing. another warehouse. also superlake is near by. how come i get everything i "need" w/out even going near that intersection? (& im picky). "want" is another story. sometimes SL has something special, but you know, i can live w/out it. maybe because i shopped in small stores most of my life, im used to it. fresh fish fresh chicken fresh meat fresh vegs, fresh ground coffee, just like home.

Edited by bennie2
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The worst thing about a big box store locating at the intersection of the Carretera and the Libramiento would be the added danger from the additional large semi tractor trailor delivery trucks coming down the Libramiento from Guad. to stock the store. Most would be overloaded (80,000 LBS +) and some would have brake failures at an intersection that would be even more congested than it is now.  The idea a of a big box store located at this location needs to be addressed with the Municipality of Chapala for what that is worth.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a thought, wouldn't it be nice if some of the businesses in Ajijic along the carretera in town could be relocated to that area and then widen that area of carretera.. There are buses that would  go to the new area and I would imagine  better parking.  People are always complaining about the congestion of traffic and parking.

This way no business will be forced to close to widen the street.  Ok Ok, maybe it was just a dream

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Newjersey expat said:

Just a thought, wouldn't it be nice if some of the businesses in Ajijic along the carretera in town could be relocated to that area and then widen that area of carretera.. There are buses that would  go to the new area and I would imagine  better parking.  People are always complaining about the congestion of traffic and parking.

This way no business will be forced to close to widen the street.  Ok Ok, maybe it was just a dream

 

The locals shop near their homes. The Big Box stores do not affect the corner tiendas.  Mexicans in the neighborhoods can run a credit with the tiendas and they can't do that with the large stores. They can walk to the corner tienda and the large stores are too far away. Walmart and Sams do not take business away from the neighborhood tiendas.  

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This does not explain why every Tuesday morning WalMart is filled with village ladies shopping for the "Tuesday vegetable specials", and walking out with bags and bags of tomatos, onions, etc. (Sadly, no one has ever explained to them that the majority of these specials are giant ripoffs, because the price generaly goes UP instead of down. They just see the huge piles of produce and assume the best.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...