Chapala.com Webboard

OK, What is this Sam's Club rumor all about?

Mainecoons

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bennie2

the veg sellers know how to turn a profit. if they buy in bulk (many kilos) its worth it. superlake used to do that as well. generally they have the farms deliver. 

No, they go because they have at one time believed, and obviously still do, that the prices were "very special" on Tuesday. Granted, every so often there even is a good price. But last time I checked two days in a row, onions were 7.5 a kilo, and that Tuesday they were almost 15 a kilo.

Heck, they might go to socialize, too... I'll ask a few of them next time I have to go on a Tuesday.

I'm telling you what I know, not what I was told, and not what I'm "guessing".

I hate to ruin everybody's excitement of the possibility of them building a new Sam's Club in the location of the Flora Exotica Nursery, I am not so sure that this is going to happen.  I ran into one of the girls that work in the office at Flora Exotica in the Chapala plaza last night and I asked her about this rumor.  She told me that Flora Exotica was not planning on closing or selling the property, that they were doing ok business wise and were planning for a good season this year by stocking up on lots of new plants and trees.  She had no idea where this rumor came from and she said that many gringos recently have been coming in and asking about it.  She told me something interesting, that the man who owns the nursery also owns the Centro Laguna shopping center and as far as she knew, he has no interest in building anything new on the property where the nursery is located.  

I just question the notion that someone well off enough to own those 2 properties would discuss his intentions with the office workers. Maybe so and maybe not.

This thread started off asking a question about a rumor. Now, it has morphed into a fact we need to disprove. Never mind that not one fact or scintilla of proof has been presented. "People have been saying" became "a lot of people are saying" became "Hurray, Sam's Club is coming!" :rolleyes:

Archived