Chapala.com Webboard

Trips Burgers

JgmcattleBBQ

Ok, being that in Texas we have Whataburger and Sonic's and no In And Out. I can't say whether it's any better or worse than a In and out! What I can say is , that I had a trips double,french fries and a vanilla shake!!! They where good!!! Fresh veggies, real American cheese and real Beef patties. I paid $155, it may seem a little to much for some folks, but a place like this sits out like a sore thumb!!!! And it's vulnerable for every type of tax, healthcare, union, permit fee that there is known to any Mexican business!!!!! And that drives your prices up!!! Most small places don't pay any of these taxes and obligations like Imms. So there for they can charge less and get away with it!!!! Opinions are like but holes, everybody has one, and the all stink!!! And my opinion is to try out Sonoran beef. Being that I have been in the cattle business almost all my life, certified Angus beef is a marketing tool. You can get just as good beef from Sonora at a cheaper price and pass the savings on to us customers!!!! I will definitely be back!!!

Trip's burgers are very good. They actually taste like beef. I get the double with cheese and an iced tea. I may want fries but I sure don't need 'em and really don't know if I'd even have room for them. 113 pesos for the burger and tea. It's an amazing flipping bargain as far as I'm concerned...just got back from Canada and went once to Mickey D's while there for a COMBO of double 1/4 pounder with cheese, fries and an iced tea. It was 11 Canadian dollars so multiply that by 14.5 to get pesos. Absolutely no comparison and I never went back...did have to buy rolaids though. Each to his/her own.

Found a little cenaduría Saturday night in San Antonio, near Mario's. Three cooking stations; everything from tacos to hamburgers. Was the best 25p hamburger I've had in this country or any other. Keeping in mind that we are not talking gourmet, and the patty was from a pack of frozen, and the buns were the large Bimbos. It was loaded and fresh and filled me up, and came with a side of fries for another 10p that were as good as anyone's. The tacos were pretty good, too. Large agua frescas and meals for two was $119p total. Seriously... 25p for a decent burger, served up at your table by keen wait staff? Wow.

Archived