Chapala.com Webboard

Hacienda del Lago?

Willie

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is from Google Plus for Hacienda del Lago.  If you go to Google Maps and type in Hacienda del Lago, it shows address as Independencia #63.  This blurb is obviously about the new location as the former one on Ocampo only had 4 guest rooms.  Yes, their old website is still dead; their FB page has not been updated since they first announced they were re-opening in Ajijic.  

We enjoyed eating there in Feb. and look fwd to eating there on our next visit to Ajijic.
Introduction
Nestled amongst the cobblestone streets of Ajijic México, you will find Lake Chapala’s newest adult only Luxury Boutique Hotel and Gourmet Restaurant. With ten private guest suites surrounding the gardens and pool, Hacienda del Lago is the definition of privacy and tranquility.

Closed for Renovations until October 2016.

On 10/16/2016 at 10:22 AM, El Saltos said:

The owners of the new location purchased the name and nothing else.  e.g. website and Facebook page.

Where did you here that from?   As I'm sure everyone here knows and has experienced, often times people tend to invent things here when they don't know.  The new property is still having finishing touches put on it after a HUGE renovation including building several entirely new rooms and a spa.  The website is down because we are not yet able to provide accurate post construction photography.  The website, Facebook, etc all goes right along with the new Hacienda.  This is why we have gone though Google, Facebook, and travel websites to delete the old photos.  We have completely deleted the hotel trip advisor page so that we will start new with reviews that have nothing to do with the old property as we do not want to mislead anyone.

The new owners infact purchased the entire business down to the inventory of shampoos and linens.  

As some people have been quick to point out, there is not a lot of on street parking.  There will be valet parking offered free of charge.

Once we have a finished product to present, the website will be back up and we will start taking reservations again.

15 hours ago, Haciendadellago said:

As some people have been quick to point out, there is not a lot of on street parking.  There will be valet parking offered free of charge.

Will you have someone who can legally drive and park foreign plated cars? Neither a Mexican citizen nor a Residente Permanente visa holder can do that, as you know.

8 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

Will you have someone who can legally drive and park foreign plated cars? Neither a Mexican citizen nor a Residente Permanente visa holder can do that, as you know.

My guess would be no.  I'm not even sure if we could find a Non Mexico, Non Permanente, with Work Visa to do the job.  We do have Insurance specifically for Valet parking, something that too many places who offer this service do not have.

7 hours ago, Willie said:

Will you be open before the end of Oct???  We have guests arriving from NYC and Mazatlan and wanted them to experience your ambience.

We were originally planning on opening the 15th of October.  We have pushed this back to the first week of November in order to tackle some bigger projects before opening. 

• 1 month later...

See last week's Guadalajara Reporter for the details.  There was a meeting with the Presidente and the community, more Mexican than expat at which the latter objected strenuously.  Visit the location and you'll see why.  The street is one car wide, dead ends into one that is equally small and the only exit is through Seis Esquinas.  You would have to have an army of valet parkers to handle any serious patronage there.  

Don't take my word for it, visit the location and see for yourselves.

At the time of the meeting the permits required had not been granted.  Unless that has changed, this place is not licensed to open.

Interesting comment from TOB which seems to disagree with you Mainecoons!  

"MC deleted Xena's post and now is totally wrong on what he said. Hacienda del Lago already had the permits when the luncheon was thrown for the Presidente to thank him for denying the permits. The Presidente didn't say that and the people just jumped to conclusions. As I said, the Presidente has eaten there a couple of times since that meeting thanking him."

Yes that is in conflict with reports from the meeting and I believe the report in the GDL Reporter.  I quote:

"On November 7 the city's business license office issued an 11 page document rejecting the application for three separate licenses to operate the enterprise registered under the commercial name Hacienda del Lago Hotel.

The ruling was based on urban development plans which define the location at Independencia 63 as a low-density residential zone incompatible with use for that sort of business concern."

Hence, as there was a formal rejection of the business licenses confirmed as of November 24, an appeal would have to have been filed and granted.  Unless that has happened and if this place is operating, it is doing so without licenses.  So either the post on TOB is incorrect or the reports from those who attended the meeting, including the Guadalajara Reporter are incorrect.

The second sentence of the GDL Reporter story couldn't be more correct IMO.  This sort of invasion of a quiet residential zone by this sort of business threatens all of our neighborhoods.  You may want to keep that in mind when you decide what you will do about this personally.  

Note this is a local matter involving the communities of the Chapala municipio.  It does not involve the Jocotepec municipio which judging from the high density sprawl on its eastern side seems to have its own land use issues.

If someone from TOB has verified and sourced information to the contrary they are more than welcome to post it here sans the personal attacks that are common there.  Some 33 neighbors of this operation petitioned Chapala to reject the license applications and they have organized to have the decision upheld and are tracking this matter closely.

I received further information in the last day from a member of this group that the business is indeed operating without the required licenses and without filing an appeal against the denial.  However, there may be some sort of short term Amparo which is being confused as having licenses to operate.

Again if anyone has specific and verifiable information this is incorrect, please post it in this thread.

I'm moving this to the general section as it is much more a matter of land use than it is about food at this point.

Just for the record, Xena contested my earlier comment and I decided she was right and deleted it and hence her comment on it as no longer applicable so it was deleted as well.

Archived