Chapala.com Webboard

Advise on Shaw direct´s PVR

omaldo

Please some advise:

A new customer of mine from Cabo San Lucas asked me to check his satellite tv signal because he just moved to another place and in this new place he wasn´t getting some channels that he was getting before.
We went over there,his set up: One 75E dish with 2 630 pvr´s .We checked the dish(a 75E antenna) ,it had a 60 xKU lnb!, we corrected that, realigned it, one of the pvr´s got all the missing channels back, but the other one didn´t, but we noticed that this receiver had only one of the 2 satellite inputs wired and therefore connected, could this be the cause of the missing channels?
How does a pvr operate with only one tuner input connected?
Regards and thanks in advance

Good to see you posting here, Mike. It sure would help to be able answer your questions if I could see the connection. But the way I look at it is that if you a true expert with a very good reputation in the Cabo area can not figure it out, I wouldn't be able to either. I wish you good luck and hope someone else here on the Chapala forum will able to help you.

Press Options-Enter/OK... scroll down to TUNERS & STORAGE  and 'Enable' Single Tuner Mode.

Without this step the PVR will try to use the second input and the behaviour you describe will be seen.

You will NOT be able to record on one channel and watch another channel. You can watch a pre recorded programme at the same time.

OR install a multi-switch.

Thank you very much,that surely will help. After a thorough reading of the pvr´s manual this morning I found this(page5) :

"When installing your HDDSR, 1 direct coax line is required to connect to your satellite dish or multiswitch. If you have an HDPVR, 2 direct coax lines are required. The HDPVR will not function if only 1 line is connected. "

I guess that is old information.I didn´t know about that tweak in the configuration, thanks again.

43 minutes ago, omaldo said:

Thank you very much,that surely will help. After a thorough reading of the pvr´s manual this morning I found this(page5) :

"When installing your HDDSR, 1 direct coax line is required to connect to your satellite dish or multiswitch. If you have an HDPVR, 2 direct coax lines are required. The HDPVR will not function if only 1 line is connected. "

I guess that is old information.I didn´t know about that tweak in the configuration, thanks again.

Just checked it is actually under TUNERS & STORAGE. There was a FIRMWARE update a few months back with the option of one coax line. I have tried it and it works.

Archived