Chapala.com Webboard

Purchasing Firearms from Mexico military outpost

I read recently a similar thought to Kiko's reply.

Avoid any legal process if you have to shoot and kill an intruder. Take them out and bury them somewhere.

It will save you grief, time, expense, retribution, and just avoid the difficult judicial process, especially made more difficult for a foreigner.

My gun is reliable I hope. Seems in good condition. Took 3.5 hours of waiting before my name was called at the Army Base.

Glad I am now legal for defense inside my home, which is the gun's only purpose.

I have heard I can take my gun's permit to a place in downtown Guad to purchase bullets for it.

I also have heard a place in Jocotepec sells bullets.

Does anyone know the place in Joco? Its name and location approximately?

Last of all, I would like a gunsmith to go through the gun and look for weak spots.

I suppose gunsmiths are not abundant in Mexico. I read where only 15,000 handguns are in MX and 1/3 are legally registered.

Both numbers seem low for a country of 120 million people.

Thank you.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

There is a place across from my old office in Providencia, Guadalajara that sells ammo, I went in the other day and got prices.

.22 50 for 105 pesos

.32 50 for 625 pesos

.38 50 for 750 pesos

.380 50 for 670 pesos

12 gauge shotgun shells 200 pesos for skeet loads, 400 for buckshot

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants to know everything about guns, permits and CWP'S go to this web page! Mexicoarmado.com    this is the only and est page in mexico, that will give you the real truth and it also has a classified section so that you can purchase any gun from people that legally purchased at the military zone in DF. legal, and they change titles of weapons here at the military zone in GDL, with no waiting and no grief! yes you will pay a higher price but no flights , no lines and no hassle!

On March 29, 2018 at 9:43 AM, Intercasa said:

There is a place across from my old office in Providencia, Guadalajara that sells ammo, I went in the other day and got prices.

.22 50 for 105 pesos

.32 50 for 625 pesos

.38 50 for 750 pesos

.380 50 for 670 pesos

12 gauge shotgun shells 200 pesos for skeet loads, 400 for buckshot

Has there been any progress on investigating the legal questions involved in importing personally owned, legal calibers from US to Mexico?

• 11 months later...

No new law, law is as new as one saying we have freedom of speech and religion, just regurgitation of old law which refers to Federal Firearms and Explosives Law, permitted calibers are .22, .25, .32, .38 (not +P or super) and .380 auto.