Chapala.com Webboard

FedEx in Ajijic?

Al Berca

Not a negative posting Al. Just to let people who may not be aware, that there are at least 3 locations lakeside that handle shipping by FedEx, UPS, DHL and Esatafeta. One does not have to drive to the airport as you so incorrectly stated.

Guest bennie2

alberca, after all the years of living here, you didnt know we had 3 or 4 fedx options locally? i have been using local fedx offices for 15 years. you can also drop off boxes @ barbaras bazaar. besides san antonio there is sol & luna. be nice & thank people for the info, 

1 hour ago, dave0415 said:

Not a negative posting Al. Just to let people who may not be aware, that there are at least 3 locations lakeside that handle shipping by FedEx, UPS, DHL and Esatafeta. One does not have to drive to the airport as you so incorrectly stated.

I use FedEx via iShop but they usually don't phone me when something arrives. Maybe a real FedEx would do better.

51 minutes ago, bennie2 said:

alberca, after all the years of living here, you didnt know we had 3 or 4 fedx options locally? i have been using local fedx offices for 15 years. you can also drop off boxes @ barbaras bazaar. besides san antonio there is sol & luna. be nice & thank people for the info, 

Guest bennie2

i had tracking #'s for both departing & arriving fedx's. you can track on line. all my papers came to the house. i had to be home all day as they arrived between 11am & the latest 5pm. if you are dealing w/a small business & you can get a track, it tells you exactly where the package is. 

I am not an expert on the subject. But don't places like Handymail or iShop charge an extra fee because you are not dropping the stuff off at a FedEx office? If so the only advantage I could see is that they would be that we would be  paying less if a real FedEx office opened.

Or am I wrong about the extra charge?

I usually have to pay iShop 20 pesos. At least they are open most of the day. My problem with having delivery to my home is that even though I tracked the package I never knew what day or what time they would come to my house. If they have 3 unsuccessful visits to your house the package is returned to Guadalajara and you have to go there to pick it up. 

7 hours ago, dave0415 said:

I did not say anyone had to drive to the airport to drop off or pick up a FedEx package, you did. What I said was that the nearest FedEx office is located at the airport, which is 100% correct. I am very sorry that neither you nor Bennie were able to understand what seems to be a fairly simple sentence. I will try to type more slowly in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 4:23 PM, johanson said:

I am not an expert on the subject. But don't places like Handymail or iShop charge an extra fee because you are not dropping the stuff off at a FedEx office? If so the only advantage I could see is that they would be that we would be  paying less if a real FedEx office opened.

Or am I wrong about the extra charge?

Sometimes they add a fee sometimes they don't.

On 10/7/2016 at 9:20 PM, Al Berca said:

I did not say anyone had to drive to the airport to drop off or pick up a FedEx package, you did. What I said was that the nearest FedEx office is located at the airport, which is 100% correct. I am very sorry that neither you nor Bennie were able to understand what seems to be a fairly simple sentence. I will try to type more slowly in the future.

That's right. You did not say that one had to go to the airport to ship by FedEx. However by not mentioning the agencies at lakeside you left the impression to people that do not know otherwise, that the only way to ship FedEx was to go to the airport. You also did those agencies a great dis-service by omitting to mention them. During the Canadian Income Tax season I ship weekly to the Canada Revenue Service in Ottawa Canada, all of it from Ishop. I track the shipment and follow it the next day when it arrives without fail at its destination by 11am. How will a FedEx office in Ajijic improve on that service? Who is to say that that office will be owned and operated by FedEx. They are not NOB. In fact I would offer a guess that 90+% of those offices are franchised agencies.

So Al, what is this new office going to do for those of us at Lakeside that is not available to us now?

4 hours ago, artsnob said:

They will close the other operations, so will be one office Lakeside...that is what I was told by one of their neighbors...

I seriously doubt that.  I used FedEx for years in business and they always picked up at our office if called.  They will deliver anywhere.

The money that the local operators get is for the convenience and I think 20MXN ($1US) is well worth it.

IF they are opening an office, it will probably be like DHL and have boxes etc.  

Archived