Chapala.com Webboard

Pyrenees Dogs Found

Seriously. I live in a quiet countryside area. My dog has been free to roam the acre or so around my place that she considers her territory for 8 years since she was a puppy. She doesn´t cause problems for the neighbors, (doesn´t defecate near anyone´s home, doesn´t dig up their gardens or chase cats), and is obviously well-fed and healthy. I lock her in my yard at night. She has a collar but no tags. I would be seriously p´d off if some do-gooder decided to bring her into their home and keep her there.

Obviously Emily meant well. But now she has to put up signs that she has these two dogs. Posting pictures of them was a good idea for the rest of us in case we recognize the dogs and know their owner. It's the owner's big mistake not to have tags on the dogs. Again and again dogs who are allowed out on their own don't have tags with their phone numbers. And many other dogs with collars who are lost don't have ID on their collars. Really that's dumb.

Lexy

Where do you live that you never see loose dogs wandering around? Where is this area where dogs out alone are all lost, abandoned, mistreated and needing "rescue"? Well fed, healthy dogs wearing collars walking around most likely are on a walk about and left alone will return home. Several dogs in my neighborhood are out all day. They are dirty and matted but happy and healthy. I am always afraid that one day they will be "rescued" and never be seen by their families again.

You have dognapped someone's dogs, please let them go. You are not NOB where all animals must be contained at all times, this is Mexico where it is common practice to allow animals their freedom. They are let out in the morning, free to roam at will and return at night. They no longer can go home as you have caged them. Not everyone who lives down here is aware of these forums and certainly most of the Mexicans do not spend their time reading them. Please, please, let the dogs free. The shelters are full of people's pets which have been taken off the streets. You are well meaning but uninformed as to what the culture is. I have a friend in Riberas whose dogs occasionally do a walk about, they always come home. I have a couple who do the same when they get the chance, but they know where they live. If you were to find them and lock them up, they would not be able to get home, they would lose their home and pack, perhaps forever. 

Just now, luvsdawgs said:

You have dognapped someone's dogs, please let them go. You are not NOB where all animals must be contained at all times, this is Mexico where it is common practice to allow animals their freedom. They are let out in the morning, free to roam at will and return at night. They no longer can go home as you have caged them. Not everyone who lives down here is aware of these forums and certainly most of the Mexicans do not spend their time reading them. Please, please, let the dogs free. The shelters are full of people's pets which have been taken off the streets. You are well meaning but uninformed as to what the culture is. I have a friend in Riberas whose dogs occasionally do a walk about, they always come home. I have a couple who do the same when they get the chance, but they know where they live. If you were to find them and lock them up, they would not be able to get home, they would lose their home and pack, perhaps forever. 

These dogs are at home with their owners - see the other thread on the same subject.

On 10/7/2016 at 11:16 AM, Karlotta said:

You did the dogs a favor by  trying to find their owner.   Ignore the very negative comments from people    You did the right thing!!

It is not the right thing although it is good intentions. If a dog is not skeletal, bleeding, obviously injured, it has a home, leave it be.The shelters are full of former pets due to uninformed people trying to do the right thing. Some of these dogs are sentenced to a lifetime of being in the shelter. Some are very sad and have a hard time adjusting and do become "unadoptable". 

Archived