Chapala.com Webboard

WalMart's electronics warranty

Yesterday I saw a television at WalMart that interested me very much. On the tag was a pitch for extended warranty. When I asked a clerk who works in the electronics department what the regular warranty was he said one month !  I assumed that after that any problems would be between me and the manufactured which could be a problem here at Lakeside.

I was shocked to hear that any store that sells electronics offers only a one month warranty and then attempts to sell you an extended warranty so I did not make the purchase.

Since then I have had time mto give this more thought and wonder if he was referring to their return policy and miscommunication due to language problems caused the confusion.

Has anyone actually purchased a television from WalMart and, if so can you please tell me how the warranty works ?

Yes, I have purchased a TV at Walmart and the warrantee was one month. Be sure to get your sales receipt stamped on your way out or you may have lots of problems if you need to use that warrantee.

It is essentially a return policy. It is not just Walmart that does this, all major stores have the same one- go to their websites if you want more info. You get one month to return the product for a full refund, after that you deal with the manufacturers warranty and not the store where you bought it, so make sure to register the purchase with them too. The store provides a sales guarantee only. The manufacturer provides a warranty for defective products.

Archived